Indulging your hobbies...


I know, I missed my Wednesday Weigh-in...but I was indulging in (one of) my hobbies late into the night last night.
Sometimes, the reality of being an adult sucks. 
The mundane tasks we have to take care of-dishes, laundry, cleaning up, packing lunches-those tasks that are daily offenders, yet everyday I still manage to actually write it down on my "to-do" list, like I somehow might miss the overflowing sink of dishes.
Or as I step on a floor covered in cheerios from dinner, I might somehow forget that it requires sweeping.  
We all have the requirements, but without indulging the things that make you happy, it will be hard to survive what is day to day life.  
The day to day to-do list causes me anxiety, but when I know I have a project on the to-do list, my outlook is so much brighter.  
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, when it comes to projects I enjoy, I have no problem staying up all night-because it's something I enjoy.
So it's no wonder I stayed out until almost midnight taking a class on buttercream frosting and gum paste decorations for cookies and cupcakes.  
The week before I took my first class on fondant.  

I have never worked with many of these materials, and I'm seriously surprised at how easy some of these techniques are-yet the product they create is beyond imaginable.  
Someone asked me if what I learned at the class was something I thought I could do on my own.
And the answer is yes!!!

I have some serious plans for honing my cupcake and cookie decorating skills.
My new motto might as well be:
When there's a reason, there's a cupcake, cookie or cake!
I'm looking for any excuse to make a cupcake or a cookie.
Some ideas I have are to give as baby gifts, apple cookies for the first day of school, martini cookies for a happy hour, and of course cupcakes and cookies for birthdays and birthday parties.  

Here are the cupcakes that I made at the most recent classes





I have plans to make a big shopping tip to stock up on all the supplies! 
I can't wait to show you what I've come up with!!!

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz