Monday Munchies...

I thought I was going to have an ultrasound to report back with, but my doctor decided it was too early, and there was still a likelihood we wouldn't see what we needed to see, and that would cause a lot of worry until I reached a gestational age where we would know the situation with certainty.  I did have a blood draw, but did not hear back about my levels (although they said they wouldn't call me with the numbers if all was well, I'll call in the morning and report back here tomorrow!) For now, things continue as normal, and I go back on Friday for my first ultrasound.  

I'm not really sure why I did this to myself, but torturing yourself with pictures of food, while trying to stick to your daily calories, is always fun right?!? My kids have recently been obsessed with waffles, and by obsessed I mean we go through a Costco sized box a week!  Some like it plain, some like it with syrup, some eat only one waffle at a time, while another makes himself four.  But, there's no question that they like them for breakfast and dinner.  With this obsession, how awesome would it be to make some real, homemade waffles?  Too bad I got rid of my waffle maker long ago.  But, in case you still have yours, here are some drool-worthy ideas!

Cinnamon Sugar Churro Waffles Cinnamon sugar churro waffles-yum!

Brownie Belgium Waffles A La Mode | FoodGaZm..:  I mean, yes please! 

belgian-waffles-3 Here's a classic for ya! 

PIZZA WAFFLES with just 3 ingredients! These yummy waffles take just a few minutes to make and are easy, cheesy and crazy good! We do like waffles for dinner...maybe this will work!

And if waffles make you cringe due to their high carb content, all the rage is the 1-carb waffle! 

 
1 scoop protein powder {30g}(I've read vanilla is good)
1 egg
1 teaspooon baking powder
2oz skim milk or water

I'm definitely going to have to get on board with that! I wonder if they freeze well! I love that this is a classic breakfast food, but you don't break the carb bank early into the day.  Plus, you can probably find a way to adapt the above recipes-think chocolate protein powder, or the pizza waffles...yum! 




No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz