Moshe turned 4 and Birthday traditions

When it comes to birthdays and holidays I really want to make sure our house has some solid traditions.  
I just wasn't sure what I wanted those traditions to be...
My husband grew up with the Birthday Table as their birthday tradition.
And I just love balloons.

So we went with those two.




Buying gifts is complicated for us-all of my kids' birthdays and Chanukah are a few months apart, all within Winter time isn't is exactly the best time to introduce bike riding.  
And what parent wants to buy a basketball hoop and be forced to shoot hoops in the dead of the winter?
Certainly not me!  
Besides, I might as well buy them things that are needed and meaningful.
That's where I'm headed as I begin to think about Chanukah gifts...

I'm also fortunate because at the ripe old age of 4, more is more.  
So it didn't matter to him that I spent less than $10 per item.
Moshe proclaimed this evening, "I love sprouts," when I told him tomorrow we were having chicken, rice and brussel sprouts for dinner...see what I mean?
In fact, a handful of items were from the clearance section at Target. 
And yes, he was more than thrilled with his underwear, and they're now known as his "birthday underwear."
I think more underwear is in our future...hey, I'll take it where I can get it!  


I also opted to throw everything into a huge Happy Birthday bag instead of spending time wrapping each item.  

Moshe had actually woken up in the middle of the night and came into our bed.  While he was on his way in he mentioned the gifts and knew it was his birthday. 


And what would a birthday be without a trip to Dunkin Donuts?
Well, in my world, what is any day without Dunkin Donuts???
So, of course, off we went.
Moshe celebrated with his own coffee coolatta. 
His response, "I love that brown drink!"


We are going to do a "real" birthday party of Moshe and his friends, but I didn't want him to miss the opportunity to have the in-school birthday experience.  
I still remember how much fun it was to pick what birthday treat you wanted to bring to school on your birthday! 
Because of school rules and allergies, I had to buy my cake, but I love how it turned out!


Moshe requested that Dovy come along and he was super stoked!  
He walked right into class and told everyone that it was his birthday!  


What birthday traditions do you have in your house? 

2 comments

  1. So cute! We're still working ours out, but I love these ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dunkin Donuts pics! This is exactly how I feel at DD. Silly and happy and I love that brown drink! Really beautiful moments you captured.

    ReplyDelete

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz