Monday Munchies...err make that Tuesday...

I love routine.  I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch-every.single.day.  And I don't mind.
But if my schedule gets off course by a minute-oh man, watch out!
It took everything I had to go to sleep at 12:30 am and NOT post what I had scheduled-on two separate lists mind you!

Onto the food...I love food, all days, but especially now that I have an excuse to be gaining weight...I'll regret it later, I know, please don't remind me.  

I like to cook, and I'm pretty good at it. But I don't like to try new things.  
So, I rarely work with meat...
But I recently realized how cheap pepper steak can be, so I figured, why not?!?
I searched for recipes, found one that sounded good, looked easy and didn't require a lot of time...

We didn't really like the pepper steak, but the marinade and the method of cooking are perfect for chicken!
And it's incredibly adaptable to whatever veggies you love!
Personally, I like my chicken with colored peppers and broccoli.  
I've also used snap peas and mushrooms, but those aren't my go to faves.

Maria's Pepper Steak (Click to go to original recipe, I'm using my adaptations)
Marinade:
2/3 cup soy sauce 
2/3 cup honey
2/3 cup red wine vinegar 

Contents:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks 
Veggies-peppers, broccoli-whatever floats your boat, or flies your airplane as one of my former teachers used to say :) 



I use a large skillet-heat up marinade, add chicken.  Cover and heat, stirring occasionally.  Add your contents based on how well done you like them.  I like my broccoli well marinaded and mushy, but my peppers crunchy.  So on days I use broccoli I will marinade that first in the sauce until it's well cooked.  Then I transfer it out to a separate bowl.  I will then cook the chicken, and after about 10-15 minutes the chicken is cooked, I'll add in the peppers for a few minutes, just to give them some flavor of the marinade.  Then I'll add the broccoli back in just to heat.  


I serve it on a bed of whole wheat rice and add la choy noodles on top!  

I find this type of stir fry recipe much easier than the traditional wok recipe...enjoy!

*For some reason my picture are not uploading....oh, no biggie, I'll just add it to my list of things to do tomorrow ;)

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz