Monday Munchies...

I'm sure many of you can relate to the dinner debacle:  wanting to make something good and healthy- yet satisfying to the pallets of babes.  
It's a challenge....
But with this recipe, everyone wins!
And I know I've won because Moshe thanked me for giving this to him for lunch today! 

What I love about this recipe is that there is minimal prep work which means not so many dishes, and not so much time spent actually working in the kitchen.  I don't really take into account the cooking time (which is about 45 minutes) because I can multi-task!

I definitely want to disclose that I found this recipe somewhere, some time ago, but I never wrote it down.  For some reason, the measurements were just that easy that I could remember it on a whim.  
I'm probably missing an ingredient or two...but who cares?!? As my Grandfather says, "it eats!" And eat it does!  We are known to demolish a whole pan of this in one sitting!!!! 

Turkey Meat Loaf 
1 lb ground turkey (I use white, lean turkey)
1 egg
1/4 cup of flavored bread crumbs
1 chopped onion 

ketchup and brown sugar for topping-I just eyeball this!

I will at least double this.  If you do 2 lbs in a larger loaf pan, it will be decently thick.  This time, I did 2 lbs in a 9x13 tray and it wasn't as thick, but plenty per serving, and it helped reduce the cooking time! No pink middles!!! 

Place the ground turkey in a bowl and add the chopped onion, egg and breadcrumbs.  Mix to combine-I use my hands.  I don't particularly care for it, but it definitely works out better than using a spoon.  Spray your pan of choice. Once all the ingredients are combined, place the turkey mixture into your pan. 


Create your ketchup and brown sugar mixture.  Pour on top and spread evenly across.  



Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.  I check after 20 minutes and then every 15 minutes until done.  I did notice this time that it was done when it had shrunk and there was juice/fat at the bottom.  I did not have these same observations when I made this in a loaf pan, so it could be the effect of the pan. 

This is a fabulous dish, that has quickly become a staple! 

What kid-friendly, healthy, and satisfying dinners do you love?
     

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz