Influenster Cosmo VoxBox Review

Recently one of my facebook friends posted about Influenster and how they sent her free products!  When I heard that I knew I had to get on that.  Influenster is basically a product review "engine."  All you have to do is create a profile and unlock as many badges as you can.   There are lifestyle badges such as motherbear and wellness; expert badges such as urbanite and sweet tooth.  Besides unlocking badges, there are certain activities you can do to earn additional points.  I liked Influenster on Facebook, I invited some friends to join, I told them about this blog, etc.  

Last week I was notified that I had been selected to review the Cosmo box.  I couldn't contain myself!  I'm someone who hates technology, and honestly- this whole blog thing/twitter/instagram I don't really get.  Heck, I don't even know how to upload pictures from my camera to my computer!  Hence the lack of pictures on here!!!  Needless to say, I walked away from Influenster many times because I just don't feel technologically savvy enough to play around on the website and internet.  

My box arrived yesterday! WOW!!!  In my VoxBox I received Forever Red Exclusively at Bath & Body Works, Ghirardelli Sea Salt Escape, Gillette Venus Embrace, and Pilot Pen- FriXion in black and purple.

Now, I must say that initially I was most excited about the Forever Red perfume.  It's a decent size sample, so it will last me long enough to truly decide if it will be a purchase in my future.  And who doesn't love free samples of good perfume?  I was also super excited when I saw the HUGE bar of Ghirardelli Sea Sald Escape!!!!  Let me preface it by saying I know it was not a good idea to consume half of the bar in one sitting, especially not the night before a weigh in at Weight Watchers.  I lost 1.6 this week so I guess that worked out ok. That chocolate- AH-MAZE!  All of a sudden a hint of salt would creep in and it was just heaven!  But there's a problem-this box mentioned that it was targeting those of us who must be "Cosmos" and compared us to Sex and the City.  I REALLY don't think anyone who is Sex and the City "like" would eat 2.5 servings of chocolate at 14 grams of fat per serving! But I do, so that's ok!!!

I currently use the Gillette Venus Embrace so I can tell you that I already love the product.  The additional razor blades produce a nice, clean, soft shave and the lubricating strip makes all the difference in the world.  And I can say that because I do not use shaving cream.  Why you ask?  I'll tell you-I don't know!!!! It just seems like another step that I don't have time for, and anyway, the cream gets washed off before it's of any use anyway,at least in my shower.  I'm just happy that now I have an additional razor with 2 cartridges.  It also came with a coupon, so that will definitely be of use in the future.  

But what I was most shocked by was the Pilot Pen-FriXion.  Ok-I'm a speech language pathologist, so I'm always writing some sort of official note or report or hall pass.  Obviously I want my writing to be professional, but I HATE when I have to cross out something, or even worse-start over.  But, I'm sure you know that the erasable pens on the market kinda suck.  But this pen, let me tell you-it most definitely does not suck.  That eraser actually erases, like, there is no remnant of pen, at.all.  I let the other teachers in my room try it out, I let my students use it and it had rave reviews across the board!  My student even asked me to keep it and one of my co-workers asked if I could pick some up for her from Staples.  But she first tried to convince me to give her one since I had another one.  Yeah right....

So, I'd say my first VoxBox was a hit!  Although the chocolate was obviously extremely tasty, I will not buy that in the future, at least not in such a large quantity out of the sake of my waistline.  I will DEFINITELY be making a purchase of the pens.  I will continue buying the razors, and the verdict is still out on the Bath and Body Works perfume.  

Disclaimer: I received each product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster.

1 comment

  1. how smart to have people become testers who already blogging anyway, so they can expect you to blog about your experience with the products. wow, good marketing!

    ReplyDelete

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz