Happy Chanukah

If there's something you should know about me, it's that I'm a compulsive list maker and planner.  Unfortunately, I also plan on making myself stressed with unnecessary projects.  Whether it be for birthday parties, holidays, or just to be nice, I over book myself.  But, it's those things that make life special right?  I mean, my job is a job-what kind of pleasure would I have if all I had time for were, you know, the necessities. Of course those are important, I just choose frivolous tasks vs. sleep :)
I only did holiday cards once-when I was a freshman in college and missing my people back home.  So I mailed out a standard holiday card from Hallmark. I still have a few left over in my drawer....anyway, that was a one and done kinda thing.  But when I saw this handprint menorah, I knew it was the perfect solution to sending out Chanukah cards to our close friends and family.  I was extremely nervous to work with paint since I hate mess!  Both Moshe and Dovy were extremely cooperative during the entire 2 day process.  First, I did the handprints and let them dry over night.  Then, a finger/thumb is used to make the flame. The next night I used scrapbook  glue (because that was all I could find) and I glittered it, because let's be honest-glitter makes things 10x better!  

I think they turned out super cute, and they were mailed out to our family and friends this past Thursday.  So far, I have heard word from one recipient and she loved it! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz