Monday Munchies...

Is anyone else as confused as I am about what day of the week it is?  Is it Sunday, Monday, Friday? I can't keep track anymore!  But, tomorrow, my kids return to school, and we hope this bug that has been floating around all break long is kicked to the curb! So far there are two people left standing who have not fell victim to this winter crud, so we shall see! Fingers crossed I don't have to take anyone with me to New York tomorrow!  
I'm going to interject that I have been Instagraming LIVE my nightly injections. I think I will switch to the Facebook LIVE because it can be watched as a recorded video, where Instagram cannot.  Feel free to follow my blog Facebook page.  You can also reach out to me with any questions you may have and I'll answer them during the video.  

I know many of us start out 2017 with a food or diet goal, but who can ever forego a classic like pizza?  Although, I have been meaning, for years actually, to try the cauliflower pizza crust-maybe 2017 will be the year!  

Dovy has become a picky eater recently, and on his will not touch list, is sauce.  That makes pizza day challenging at school.  So, I promised him white pizza.  The first time was a huge fail, since I tried to be resourceful and use up leftover cottage cheese, but this recipe has turned into a huge family win.  And to be honest, I have never been a fan of homemade pizza.  It just never quite compares to the real thing, so I don't enjoy it.  I would do make your own pizzas for the kids, but not for me.  This, however, is a true winning recipe and I have, for better or worse, ended up devouring the kids' leftovers.  



White Pizza
1 store bought dough, or individual doughs 
Olive oil
2 cups ricotta-whole or part skim
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Handful of flat-leaf parsely, finely chopped 
2 cups shredded mozzarella or provolone 
10 fresh basil leaves, 1/2 cup shredded 

Preaheat your oven to 425 as well as the pizza stone if you plan on using one.  I use the package of three individual pizza crusts, that makes it more kid friendly.  You can find these at your local grocery store.  It also eliminates the hassle of having to work with dough.  But, if you do want to make your own dough, or buy fresh dough, stretch it to size onto your tray or stone.  Use a fork to pierce the dough all over.  

Drizzle olive oil around the crust and then use either the back of a spoon or a pastry brush to spread it around the entire crust.  

Mix the ricotta cheese, garlic and parsley and season with salt and pepper.  If you know me, you know I do not do fresh garlic or herbs.  I'm sure it will add to the taste, but this is delicous enough, and it cuts down on the prep time and the amount of dishes! 

Spread the ricotta mixture across the dough. This can sometimes be challenging because of the oil, which prevents it sometimes from spreading, but just play around with it.  Top with mozzarella or provolone-I use mozzarella.  

Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and top with shredded (or dried) basil.   




No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz