July 4



Today has been a day filled with excitement!
Can you sense the sarcasm? 
Now, don't get me wrong-I am happy to be spending the time with my boys, and I wouldn't trade it for anything-well, maybe a nap and some quiet time.  
The thing is-when your husband's a resident, it's a little tough.  
Ok, a lot tough. 

My husband is working nights this week which means I'm pretty much the single parent.  
I couldn't get the errands done I needed to get done this week.
I have to do every household task myself because the hours my husband is home, he's just not capable of doing anything helpful around the house-for instance, he comes home many times after the boys are gone for the day-so I have made breakfast and lunch.
He gets home late enough that he rises and gets dressed just in time to greet the boys as they walk in the door, eat dinner with us, and go to work-all before the bedtime routine.  
I used to think I was supermom and could handle it all-duh, I babysat triplets+1 and would take them everywhere!
Heck we even spent 3 days at my grandparents in Indiana!
 I'm not supermom, I give up, I surrender!  
Just please stop 
hitting
kicking
biting
whining
running
 spitting
 grabbing
jumping out of your seat
spilling your water
trying to climb out of the cart 
touching all the candy at the checkout aisle 

Ok, I wasn't meant to be a single parent-I don't know how they do it!!!

But aside from that, it's been a good day, and it's quiet. 
My husband took the boys to a BBQ we were invited to. I decided it was too hot to join, and I just needed to eat my ice cream in silence
and no-I don't share! Guess I can't blame the kids now...

Anyway, there's just something about that Memorial Day/July 4th attire that I absolutely adore.
Plus, who isn't drawn to the navy and white striped.
It's a running joke between my husband and I that if it's navy and white striped, I'm on it-I'm all over it if it has gold buttons! 
Here are some kiddie outfits I put together...
July 4




And just because I didn't attend that BBQ I was so looking forward to
I'm not being sarcastic there, I really was looking forward to it...
Not to worry, I didn't send my boys empty handed

  photo.JPG 
Happy 4th!

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz