SPF...For the Littles

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing the last post in my Skin Cancer Awareness Month Series!  However, don't think you won't hear about SPF anymore from me; skin care, specifically sun related skin care, is a huge passion of mine!  It's so important to protect our skin from the sun since skin cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in America, and it's almost completely preventable!  Getting a yearly skin check can also help catch those problematic skin.  Have you had yours yet? I went for mine a couple weeks ago after finding a new, suspicious looking spot.

Last week I shared with you the SPF products I've used that provide coverage.  The first post in my series I gave some guidance and facts about the sun and how to protect yourself. I also talked about the SPF products I'm currently using.  Last year, I tried out several traditional SPF products when we spent a week at the beach, and I wrote about it HERE.  There are several options throughout these posts, I hope you find something that works for you!  I'm always trying new products, so I can't wait to come back here and share!



Today, I want to share the SPF products I use for my littles.  I know that there are lots of thoughts on which products are the safest, which application style is the best, and which ingredients meet the safest standards, but the best sunscreen is going to be sunscreen that gets applied.  So, if there's a particular product that makes it easier for your kids, and on you, that allows you to be the most diligent in it's application and re-application, go for it!  Also, don't forget, placement is key! Keep the products in a place that allow it  to be seen and make it easily accessible.

If you're interested in checking out quality of products, head to EWG's website.

In the past, I created sunscreen bags for each child with all the necessary products.  This year, I opted for a basket, taken from my basement, that can be kept by the back door. Since we won't be going anywhere anytime soon, I thought this was the most efficient setup.

For full body SPF coverage, we're using Trader Joe's spray sunscreen.



I am a big fan of Babyganics, so I bought their stick for anyone who doesn't like to spray their face.



I settled on this Coppertone SPF stick for the sensitive areas like eyes and lips.  Since this will only be used within our family, I'm ok with the kids sharing this product.




It's also very important to wear sunglasses.  Simmy has these pink sunglasses, and Hannah has these.  My boys requested Ray Ban's, but we settled on these with a similar style and way cheaper price tag.



Sometimes I will need to be outside too-whether it's to push someone on the swing, or for a socially distant coffee date. I might even add my own products to the basket for easy access!  This spray is an easy way to quickly cover your face and this stick definitely smells like summer, but is also safe delicate areas.

If you have a bigger basket, or small babies, you can even add a packable hat to the basket.

What SPF products are you loving for your littles?   



 

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz