Flashback Friday: Kids' Bathroom

Phew, this is our last installment of the Flashback Friday: Apartment Tour!  It only took me three years!!!  Now, what should we name our new series to document the progress in our new place?  Any ideas? 

We moved into this apartment at year nine of our marriage, living space number 6, and our first time having a second full bath.  Our first time not having to share a bathing space!  Oh my goodness-the freedom!!! But of course, I was presented with a decorating challenge.  Challenge because the bathroom was literally a blank slate.  The walls, floor, bath tub, vanity and toiler were all white.  The possibilities were endless!  I've mentioned previously that when it comes to kids' spaces, I prefer color schemes over themes, which also played out in this space too.  I needed something that was fun, bright and appropriate for kids, but I also wanted it to be mature enough that it appealed to adults too since any visitor would be using this bathroom.  I know it seems funny, to decorate a kids' bathroom for adults, but it just made sense to me-the space needed to fit those requirements: kid and adult friendly. 



How does one go about deciding on decor for a bathroom?  The answer to that is simple: there are two possibilities.  The first possibility is that there is "permanent decor" already: if the tile, vanity, or toilet are colored, you will have to begin choosing based on those colors.  If you get lucky like me and there's no permanent decor, you should start with your shower curtain.  I had a favorite shower curtain that was with us for all the years, but it was too mature for a kids' bathroom, so I got rid of it before we moved.  There was only one qualification for this shower curtain: it had to be bright!  You know what they say, when you know, you know.  Well, I knew as soon as I saw this one!

It's from Target and has a few accessories that go with it, but I let this be the focal point and the rest of the necessary items were coordinated in color, but not a direct match. 



In our previous bathrooms I had decorated with some rustic/farmhouse decor, but that didn't fit in this space, so I needed new artwork/something to hang on the wall.



 I don't remember when it popped into my head, but I knew I needed to commission artwork that incorporated all the shower curtain colors into a piece I could hang.


 This became one of my favorite parts of the apartment by far! How cool is this stool?  I saw this DIY stool on another blog (I can't find the link now, this stool was made four years ago!) and had the stencil made on Etsy, and then used white paint pens to fill it in! 


We currently use all of these pieces and I still love this bathroom just as much! 

You can check out our apartment entryway HERE
You can check out our apartment dining room HERE
You can check out our apartment living room HERE
You can check out our apartment boys' room HERE
You can check out our apartment hallway HERE
You can check out our apartment Hannah's room HERE




No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz