Flashback Friday-Apartment Tour: Hannah's Bedroom

Welcome back!  I'm taking you back to Baltimore again...to Hannah's room.  Hannah's nursery was one of my favorite places in our old house in NY, and I was so sad to leave it behind!  Her big girl room in Baltimore was definitely created on a budget, because as you know-we were only there for a year; although I didn't know that going into it.  


Hannah's room also doubled as our guest room in Baltimore.  Both of those beds are trundle beds (or high risers) which means there's another bed hidden underneath.  


Trundle beds are so practical if you have limited space, we did not have a guest room, but we frequently have out of town visitors.
The curtain rod is from Pottery Barn and the curtains are from IKEA.


And even if you have a guest room, think of all the future sleep overs...a bed has got to be better than sleeping in a sleeping bag!  The bedding was a set purchased on major sale from Target.


I love all things gold, and these dots were a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to add that girly glam.  I purchased these from Amazon.  


This wooden initial piece is from Etsy, I just spray painted it gold.  It was hanging in her nursery previously. Unfortunately this small shop is no longer open on Etsy.


The sconces have been with us since Moshe's nursery.  They're great because they came as a set, and are meant to be plugged in.  You can't tell from the picture, but they have gorgeous crystals hanging-fit for a boy or a girl in my opinion.  I used the tacks meant to hold cords in place. 


The smile pillow was a gem found at JoAnne's-who knew they sold home decor?!? But they do, and so much of it is just awesome! 



The other coordinating pillow says sparkle.  The white furry pillow was a two-set and from either Target or Home Goods.  The throw blanket is also from Target.


The dresser is a Craigslist find.  


Holding Hannah's hairbrushes is actually a pencil cup, but it was so perfect- it added the right amount of modern and funky, yet was still overall girly.  Her keepsake jewelry is in that ceramic box, and the small mercury glass holds her pony holders. 


This gold tray is from Target and held all of her toiletries.  We use CeraVe for her eczema, and that Mustella is fabulous when you need a quick clean!  The First Aid, Rodan and Fields and Arbonne are all different lotions used to help with her eczema.  


I spray painted a wig holder gold to hold her seasonal hats.  And of course, no dresser would be complete without a trophy! Or a place to hold all your chatchkes!  


I love personalized gifts, these stools always come in handy!


Another favorite personalized item, the Pottery Barn Everywhere chair!  I love created reading nooks in the kids' bedrooms.  These spice racks from IKEA create the perfect book shelf!  


This is an IKEA shelving unit I spray painted gold and replaced the glass shelves with wooden ones I painted white.  This was mostly storage to display the decorate pieces-my Bubby made the Raggedy Anne dolls and embroidered the piece on top.  


It's always fun to find beautiful picture frames!


And I love displaying timeless kids books that I look forward to reading with her!


And of course there's the cake smash pictures


When do you switch out your baby/kid pictures?  


I'm having such a hard time thinking of what to do with these keepsake pictures that I know no longer belong in "big kid" rooms!  What should I do?!?


This won't be an easy decision!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!



No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz