Monday Munchies...

So something I've had to adjust in our new home, is the lack of kosher food-specifically the lack of places to get pre-made food.  In trying to embrace this challenge, I took it as a compliment when my DrH proclaimed his excitement with, "well, at least I'll get your cooking again!"  While that is surely a positive, for him, I've started to enjoy finding recipes, cooking new things, seeing my family devour them, and feeling that sense of pride and accomplishment #newbornlife 

One of the mommy meals we got, were these ground meat kabobs that came with dipping sauces.  My kids loved them, heck we all did-it was a great twist on the classic meatball dish.  Oh, and did I mention it was super easy?!? Easy peasy as my kids say, and that is no understatement, I could hardly believe it myself!  With just three main ingredients, you can't really go wrong.  

Image result for meat kabobs in the oven

Here's where I modified: I did not use skewers because I just don't have time for that extra step of fancy right now.  I also don't grill, so I baked these-I know the texture would have been different, but they were still just as tasty.  I also used dried parsley.  When they came out of the oven I made sure to drain the fat while it was still liquid.  

When we got these as our meal, tahini (tachina) was provided as well as a tangy/sour sauce.  Both were great, so I got tachina, and thought they would be great in duck sauce too.  But, we didn't actually try these with duck sauce because when given the choice to eat what's in front of you, or put in the extra effort for unnecessary taste bud satisfaction...well, in your sleep deprived state you choose the former because #newbornlife 
Are you sensing a pattern here?!? 

All you need is: 
ground meat
onion
parsley
salt
pepper 

Easy right? 

You can find the recipe here.
I promise you won't be disappointed! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz