Flashback Friday: Apartment Tour-Hallway

Welcome back! What's so exciting about a hallway you ask? Well, when you've lived in several tiny houses and small apartments, you become an expert at utilizing all the hallways, corns and nooks and crannies!  This apartment was no different!!!

This hallway led to the kids' bedrooms-there were two, and the second full bathroom.  It was fairly wide, which was why I was able to take advantage of it and turn it into another unique play space.  You can check out our other unique play space HERE.  

 

This was the hallway's entry point and it veered off left.  Right next to this room, clearly Hannah's, were the boys' room, and essentially across from the gallery wall was the bathroom.  Another one of my favorite spaces, but you'll have to wait a couple more weeks to see that one! We stuck the piano here and it was wide enough, which was great it didn't have to take up space in a bedroom or the main living space.  


This is taken from standing at the entrance to the boys' room; you can see the hidden wall from the angle. 


This is where we kept the kids' shoes, it's an IKEA shoe cabinet.  


This apartment was a major downsize from the house we were living in the previous year.  I lost a lot of wall space, but still wanted to keep all my sentimental pictures, framed art, and this mirror that was in Hannah's room, but didn't have a place that year.  This blank space was the perfect place to just hang everything I still loved.  

This print was bought on Etsy 


I can't remember where I bought this, but it was online!

Both of these prints had been by my coffee bar, but that space got downsized #ofcourseitdid but I still love these messages...


This is from Home Goods and had been hanging over the boys' desk that we did not bring with us.  It's just a wholesome reminder...


Both of these were also from Home Goods, but the Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful was also from the boys' desk area, and the heart print says you are loved which ironically were lyrics to one of the songs in my sister in law's off broadway musical she wrote, so this sung to me #literally 

I also hung some random old family pictures that were just missing a home but had too much sentimental value to just put away in a box.  There was honestly hardly any thought put into this-just sentiments and love and it ended up giving the apartment such a homey feel-not everything about decoration has to follow a rule!


Between the two rooms was a wicker basket with stuffed animals the kids loved to play with!  I've mentioned before I love baskets for additional storage that looks stylish, put together, but is also practical and functional.  What's also great about baskets is that there is always something or somewhere that could use a basket! Baskets get recycled all the time in my house! 

Check back next week when I take you into Hannah's room!



No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz