Alright people, I've been planning this post for oh so long and I'm so glad to finally knock it out!  If you follow me on Instastories you know that awhile back, I tried out #alltheprimers and then some!  I was in a makeup funk, and I decided to try out new primers and these were my initial testers.  I've mentioned my Sephora addiction before, and thankfully with their return policy it allowed me to purchase all of these either in full size, travel sizes, or as samples with other orders.  One or two tries was enough for me to know if I'd be sticking with it or not...so, to save you the headache, I've tested out seven of the most popular primers out there!  



I was really interested in the Murad primer because it has SPF in it.  I had been using the Clarins SPF  and I was hopeful this would eliminate that product. This has a gel like consistency, but dried into what felt like a smooth texture, but I noticed my face inconsistently felt oily throughout the day.  This product is also supposed to reduce the look of pores, and I did not notice that effect at all.  In fact, I noticed an oily look to my face.   


People talk a lot about this primer, but it did not do me any favors-I could see every pore!  My makeup did not blend well after, it looked streaky, and by mid-day, you'd never know I was wearing any makeup!  My face was also shiny after this primer.  



I am a huge Hourglass fan!  I've been using their foundation for years now, and I recently switched to their new stick foundation.  Just like their foundation, this primer did not disappoint! It  has a super silky feel to it, it dries matte and was pretty darn perfect. 



I was so curious to try Cover FX because it's one of those new brands that has a lot of unique products.  But this primer was disappointing.  It was very hard to blend my makeup and I ended up looking like I was wearing a mask.  I had creases around my eyes, and it did not reduce the look of my pores.  It was cakey over my chin, which is one of my trouble spots.  My makeup easily came off on the nose pads of my sunglasses.  My face was shiny and felt wet throughout the day.



This Blur Stick was pretty impressive, in fact, I thought it was going to be the one.  It lasted most of the day, dried matte, felt like the silkiness of Hourglass and I did not have any post-gym wipe off!  I felt like my pores were hidden and my makeup blended well.  However, towards the end of the day it started to come off on the nose pads of my sunglasses and I started to look oily.



People love Becca products, so I was curious about this primer!  It was very hard to get out of the tube, but it dried right away and did not feel wet.  However, it looked like a mask and required a lot of blending.  



 I've used several Tarte products over the years and am usually very impressed, and this time was no different!  This primer had the perfect feeling, gave good coverage and did not impact makeup blendability.  It never looked oily and my pores looked well hidden. 

Overall, it's important to keep in mind that everyone has different skin needs-what works for me, might not be the answer for you!  Thankfully, Sephora has a great return policy and customer service, and many of these products mentioned can be purchased in mini sizes, costing less!  

I used almost all of the Tarte primer before my search expanded...stay tuned for my pregnancy skincare routine which includes the new primers I've been using, and loving, and a special blog post on SPF products!  



No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz