Memories: Pregnancy Journals



My previous pregnancies were emotionally very different from this one.  My anxiety greatly increased once I found out I was pregnant, and that has impacted almost every day of this pregnancy.  It did not make documenting this pregnancy easy.  I feel badly, because I kept pregnancy journals with my other pregnancies, regular bump shots from the very beginning-but I just couldn't bring myself to do either of those things, no matter how hard I tried.  



I did take the step in the right direction though, and researched pregnancy journals.  I even bought one.  I thought having one, where I could sit and focus, would help ease my anxiety.  Even though it was hard to take those bump pictures, and make the purchase of a pregnancy journal, I knew if I didn't, I'd regret it.  And truthfully, no matter what extremes we go to to avoid connecting and acknowledging, should something bad really happen-we'll talk about it just the same as if it was a joyous occasion.  So, why not live in the moment, with a positive outlook?  I tried...I know I didn't always succeed, but I did the best I could, even when I was uncomfortable.  



Even though my pregnancy journaling is happening now, in my final week of pregnancy, I'm glad I have the journal to do it, to sit and reflect in these precious last few days.  To remember where I came from and how far I've come.  So, I want to pass along the pregnancy journals I found to be the best purchase worthy...




The Emily Ley Story of You journal was one of my favorites.  I absolutely love her products, they are darling.  However, this journal is meant for beyond pregnancy, and that's not what I'm looking for in a journal.  However, if you're looking for a one-stop journal-where you can keep pregnancy, birth and up to two years, this one is for you!  

Who knew Anthropologie sold baby books?!?  I couldn't resist the baby journal from one of my favorite stores!  Again, this journal is also to be used post birth, and was just not what I was looking for, but the price is totally right at only $30!  

I was interested in this journal because I figured it would allow me a quick and easy way to daily document the pregnancy, which would also by default allow me to focus on being positive, address my anxiety and reach a good place daily.  

This is the journal that ended up being perfect for me! Not only in price, but it also focuses only on the pregnancy.  It's colors are simple, and whimsical yet mature.  

It feels so wonderful, in these last few days, to sit, in the stillness of the night, alone in thought, and truly reflect on where I was a year ago, 10 months ago, even 20 weeks ago-in the pregnancy, but not really in it.  I do wish I had pushed myself to document more in the moment real, true, raw thoughts, but I'll take these fleeting moments.  

My favorite pens can be found HERE.

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz