34 Week Bumpdate



Total Weight Gain: I'm up 30 lbs this pregnancy, which is my lowest gaining pregnancy thus far. However, I gained 20 lbs before I was pregnant, and I was still 10lbs over my desired weight before I gained the 20. So, that puts me right around needing to lose 60ish lbs.  It's a big number, but I'm not concerned.  I'm noticing stretch marks in the weirdest places, but I'm indulging while I have these last few weeks...

Maternity Clothes: Definitely!

Sleep:  I still sleep much better if I have my fan running, but it has helped a lot now that it's cooler.  I still need lots of pillows and the heartburn definitely kicks up a notch as soon as my head hits the pillow! I sleep with a bottle of tums next to my pillow!

Best Moment this Month: I met my new OB, and it was so nice to be back with a doctor who values my opinion, lets me advocate for myself and lets me have a voice in my care.  All the baby movements are incredibly reassuring as well.  I enjoy that it wakes up with me, and sometimes even keeps me up at night!
We also had a special new addition to the family and he has been a major perk in our house.  My transition continues to be rough and I was so hopeful that a puppy would help ease that, and even my husband commented tonight that, "Marshall is working his magic..."



Movement:  It's not as frequent as it was in the previous weeks/months, but I can definitely get movement on command, and it typically will wake up with me and go to sleep with me. 

Exercise:  I am still with my trainer twice a week, but we will bump it up to three times a week in the upcoming weeks.  I thought I would be able to make it to the gym the other days, but my schedule is jam packed with appointments that I don't have that chance, and now that we're in the home stretch, with a to-do list a mile long, I'm willing to put exercise on a bit of the back burner. 



Gender: We still don't know!  I'm getting asked all the time!!! I still think boy, but am having to remind myself that there could still be lots of pink in my future!

Labor Signs:  I've had a few contractions that seemed different, but nothing that stuck around for long or was cause for concern. At my next appointment they'll check to see if I'm dilated! 

Belly Button In or Out:  Still in, but every day is closer to being out!



What I miss:  I don't really miss anything.  I'm sleeping, I'm able to move well, exercise, no real health concerns...but I do miss my thighs not rubbing together so much...

What I'm looking forward to:  With my recent diagnosis of cholestasis, the end of this pregnancy is drawing near...fast!  I am hopeful to get maternity and newborn pictures all squared away soon!  I've had to let go of exactly where I thought the house would be when I gave birth, especially since I'm going to deliver 3+ weeks earlier than expected...but there are still some major projects to get done, things to organize, and I can't wait for those to be complete!



For comparison, you can check out Hannah's bumpdate HERE 

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz