Monday Munchies: No Mayo Coleslaw

If you're struggling to put home cooked food on the table like me, you'll appreciate today's Monday Munchies.  If you've been following me on Instastories, you know that we've had some unexpected house problems arise, as well as OB drama, and I've just been feeling overwhelmed, to say the least!  I will talk about it more soon...

But, I think that coleslaw is the perfect side for times like this, times when self-torture sounds more appealing than dinner.  Coleslaw comes in a ready to serve bag-no prep required, the dressing is minimal, as well as typical on-hand ingredients, as well as so many different add ins that are usually easy to come by and again, minimal prep. Some of my favorites are the instant soup noodles toasted with some oil, sunflower seeds, craisins, almonds-the list goes on.  

In this case, I added just craisins.  



1/2 cup white distilled vinegar 
1/4 cup granulated sugar (I'd add a little more)
1 teaspoon kosher salt 
1/4 teaspoon black pepper 
1 bag of coleslaw mix 

Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper as your dressing.  

In a bowl, combine the coleslaw, and whatever add-ins you like, again, I added in craisins. 

Let the coleslaw sit for at least 30 minutes to allow for the dressing to set into the salad.  



Enjoy!

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz