Tales of a Snowy Day

Not an actual snow day...
Call it what you may, Snowmageddon, Snowpocalypse, Polar Vortex, Maximus...
my school district is not having it!
We have had one snow day in all of this wintery mess...the schools around us are looking into the end of June at this point.  

I don't have many days saved up because I had to use them for my maternity leave, so I've been at school all these times. 
But, when I woke up in the middle of the night, to the pitter patter that was the sleet coming down, I knew I would not be braving this storm.
It's one thing to be at work and the storm starts in the afternoon and the drive home is a little annoying.
But it's entirely different to have to spend hours shoveling out just to have a dangerous commute to and from school.  
When my babysitter called to say she fell at the bus stop and eventually turned back when there was no bus in sight at the wee hours of 6am, I declared my own personal snow day!

Thank goodness I ran a few extra errands last night so I was armed and read to take full advantage of this day! 

I braved finger painting, water colors, making cupcakes from scratch, and water fun in the shower.  
On top of that I made knishes, look for that on this upcoming Monday Munchies, and I made an awesome dinner!  







 In the blink of an eye it was 4pm.
And I finally got to enjoy some hot chocolate with frothed milk-my new obsession!!!



I'm thankful for this forced break-with no place to go, no real things to do, just time to relax and enjoy my little ones.

1 comment

  1. Seriously, you are rockin it as a mom of 3:) Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz