Monday Munchies...too tired to cook?!?

I've had an exhausting few weeks!  The beginning of my new business with Stella & Dot has been awesome, and so rewarding on so many different levels, yet exhausting!  But I wouldn't change it!  If you're looking for something special for the upcoming holidays, or Mothers Day, or you just have a wedding, or a gift, or you deserve to treat yourself (c'mon, I always use that excuse, I'm not the only one right?!?) then check out the link to my personal trunk show going on now!

The link expires Sunday March 31st!  

On that note, if you're interested in hosting a show and you're in the NY/NJ area, please get in touch with me! And if you're not, we can host a virtual trunk show!  Just comment here!!!  

Now, onto Monday Munchies...

In theory, I love salad-and I do love salad, but I HATE preparing it.  It's such a pain to wash every vegetable, cut the vegetables, and of course, you don't want to do this every time you want a salad, so you prepare in bulk. But I hate that feeling of seeing the rotting salad in the back of the refrigerator.  So, then I vow that I need to stop with the salad for a bit.  But it's SUCH an important factor in a healthy diet!  

Here's a recipe for a great healthy(ish) salad alternative.  I say ish because it does have a marinade that is made with sugar and oil, but I don't think much of it is consumed, so I'm willing to risk it for the healthy veggies.  

Freeda's Cucumber Salad 
3 English Cucumbers , sliced
1-2 Onions, sliced 
Dressing: 
3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Vinegar
1/4 Cup Oil
1/4 Cup Water
4 tsp. salt
Note: If  I cut down and use 2 cucumbers , I will halve the dressing , no problem.
What I love about this salad is that it lasts for some time-it's really not bad, just different, if the cucumbers are a little soggy.  Truth is, if you cut it into thicker slices, it will take longer to get soggy, as oppose to thinly slicing them.  You can also halve the dressing even with 3 cucumbers to give it less liquid  to sit in.  I actually drained the liquid the next day, because the cucumbers had great flavor, and I didn't want them getting soggy.  
This salad is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy!  It's delicious-I was snacking on it pre-dinner, and so were my boys!  The prep is also a cinch-just slice cucumbers and onions!  
Combine it all in a container, and voila, a delicious, tasty, perfect for summer, salad alternative!  

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz