Overcoming the next hurdle....

I love being pregnant, but for me-it's filled with worry, anxiety, stress, and overall doom and gloom.  Don't get me wrong, I find much joy throughout my pregnancies, but it's a constant battle to choose to rejoice in the positive, as oppose to be consumed by the fear.  

I don't think there is ever a safe point in pregnancy.  Just as I get to a new "safe" and begin to breathe a sigh of relief, I remind myself that anything can happen, and I shouldn't get my hopes up.  Sounds bad, I know, but I'm constantly reminded whether it's through other blogs, or personal friends' and family's experiences, or the reminders of the stillborn statistics in the third trimester in my pregnancy magazines (I know right?!? Just what I want to read!)  So with that being said, I am constantly anticipating the next hurdle, and fervently pray, and hope, that things will work out.  

Yesterday was one of those days.  It was ultrasound #2, the last of my ultrasounds (unless I demand one next week ;) with my RE, Dr. Beloved I'll call him (b/c his last name begins with a B).  Things could be good, or they could be bad...I imagined it both ways, but mostly the first.  Because of the holiday, my husband was off, Moshe was home from school, and the babysitter was off, so Dovy was also around.  On the drive in, I told my husband I had recently read a statistic that was something along the lines of, after a first healthy ultrasound, there's 95% chance of the pregnancy continuing as normal.  So at first, I breathed a sigh of relief, but then I reminded myself that my first ultrasound was a lot earlier than the normal ultrasound.  So, theoretically, it was at this point that if things were looking good, there's a positive outcome, not based on two weeks prior.  So I was a little bit of a nervous wreck.

We decided to make a late arrival to Dr. Beloved, and we hung out for an hour (and what an hour it was-nothing like keeping two wild boys away from the water cooler, off the stairs, away from the fish tank, AND quiet), and finally it was time for the ultrasound.  We all squished into the small room, and because of my last experience, I told my husband he was in charge of giving me the nod to let me know it was alive...

Without further ado...

I can't believe I have a folder of pictures titled Baby 3-eeek!!!!
Thanks to my husband for finally doing the scanning :)


Thank G-d, all is well!!! I'm even measuring ahead...well, that can be taken loosely as the date of conception is unknown, but based off of the first ultrasound, I should have been 8 weeks 5 days, but I was measuring 9 weeks 1 day.  My dr. said the first measuring ultrasound is probably more accurate.  As long as we didn't see a lag in growth, there is nothing to be concerned about.  

Thank G-d, Thank G-d, we have overcome another hurdle!!!!  

I go back to Dr. Beloved on Tuesday to monitor my progesterone levels-since the second blood test I've been on 1-3 supplements a day.  My progesterone dropped to as low as 12, so I am not reducing it just yet, and will continue to be monitored over the next couple of weeks as they continue, and then finally wean me off.  I also have my first OB appointment with Dr. Wonderful (yes, his name begins with W, how did you guess?!?)  So, that's the next hurdle...

This is ultrasound #1, at 6 weeks, 5 days





3 comments

  1. Why do you type God's name G-d.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, thanks for reading!

      The short answer is, it's not necessary for me to write God like G-d, but more of a protective measure to prevent from disrespecting.

      The long answer is that Judaism is very careful to not disrespect God, and there are many different ways to prevent that. Any place where God is written-in any language, we bury when it's time to get rid of it. Prayer books, psalm books, Holy writings, etc. Also, anything that is considered holy that gets a blessing-the fringes a man wears, the prayer shawl, any holiday related item like matzoh, or the olive oil on Chanukah, can't be thrown away, they have to be buried.
      When it comes to writing, on paper, the protection is that if you don't write out God, technically, it can be thrown away. And just to clarify, God goes by many different names. Some are used only in prayer, others are used as a way to talk about God, but as not to disrespect. So, when it comes to writing, we write G-d, so it doesn't make it a holy writing. You're probably thinking-if you write something with the word God, then it is holy...but if I write a letter to my friend and I write something, and add, God forbid...she has to bury that letter in a Jewish cemetery...so that's why in those situations, writing G-d is a better option.

      Now I know this blog is not going to be thrown out, or erased, but I write it here solely out of habit.

      So there ya go!

      Delete
  2. How exciting! I saw your comment on the Stella & Dot giveaway, shoot me an email so we can chat about it more- meganardoin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz