Creating awareness...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, and I'm sure it won't be the last time I'll say it:  creating awareness will create sensitivity, but that will only happen if we speak of our struggles!  All I've ever wanted was for people to know to be aware of potential issues.  

I'm sure we've all had our fair share of rude, uncalled for comments.  But all the ones I've experienced have been from family members!  It's a lack of knowledge!  For most people, that knowledge will come from either personal experience, of from people sharing their personal experiences.  

This video has gone viral again


and it got me thinking:  If we could share our experiences, with anyone and everyone, there would be awareness!  There would be sensitivity!  

You can babysit our baby so you can practice for when you're parents-I would die for that

After just mentioning my IVF cycle to a family member whose daughter had a baby, and was too tired to 
receive my gift: oh, she's so tired with the new baby, it's really hard for her...I would die for that

While eating a pickle and having a family member ask if I'm pregnant-I would die for that


Here are some other music videos I've come across that are either specifically infertility related, or can be applied to infertility
It's So Hard by Dixie Chicks 

Walk On by Kellie Coffe

A New Day by Celine Dion

I truly hope that each and everyone of you will be inspired to share your struggles; and if you're not struggling-to keep the potential struggles in mind for others!
 

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz