Simmy is 5 months

Where has 5 months gone?!? How can it be?  I was walking in the grocery store the other day, pushing Simmy in the stroller, when a mother strolled past with a very new baby.  I glimpsed at Simmy...and I realized my new, tiny baby was no more. 



 She has been replaced with a smiley, gurgling, raspberry blowing infant!  We constantly get stopped with comments about her cuteness and her good behavior.   



Weight: According to our at-home scale Simmy is 13.3 lbs, which is a gain of 1.3 in a month!

Height: we do not go to the pediatrician for another month, so I'll report back then!



Milestones: Simmy is attempting to roll over.  She hasn't yet rolled over, but she can get onto her sides and she tries and tries to get onto her tummy, but she hasn't been successful yet.



 We have introduced tummy time on this mat, and she loves it, in small doses of course. 



 We have just started cooing and blowing raspberries and all sorts of other gurgles.  We have hit that annoying stage where all the shirts are soaked!  Simmy is showing an interest in holding objects, or fingers, and attempting to get them into her mouth.



  We also made our way to NY and were able to meet Dr. Blotner and Co. 




Likes: She now desires nap time to take place in a bed-like item, such as the stroller bassinet.  We do not currently own a crib, or a pack-n-play, so we need to work on that, and we're hopefully going to transition to the stroller seat as oppose to the bassinet because I think she'd enjoy that. But, we use the bassinet to walk to synagogue on Saturdays, and that's usually during nap time, so I might hold off. She enjoys the bouncer and this sit-assistant.



Dislikes: she is starting to dislike being in her swing for long periods of time.   She also dislikes when I walk away from her. 

Sleep: She goes to bed between 8pm-9pm, and she goes to sleep much easier if she is nursed to sleep in our bed.  Have you seen this article on co-sleeping?  She wakes anywhere between 11pm-1am, usually whenever it is that I climb into bed is when she'll wake up.  She then wakes up every two hours until about 6/7am.  Then she'll do another longer stretch until about 9/10am.  



Medical: allergy testing is coming up, next month!  If she does not test positive for nuts, we will be having a nut party celebration! #youdontknowwhatyougottillitsgone #lemmesayitagain 

Eating: Simmy is still exclusively breastfed, without bottles.  When the others were babies, I was either in school or working, so I had to pump.  This is my first time not needing to pump, and therefore it hasn't happened yet.  But, she's getting older, and I could definitely fathom leaving her for a short amount of time, so we will hopefully attempt pumping and bottle feeding soon-just in case I get a rare night out!  At our four month appointment, beginning solids was not a discussion we had. I assume it will be brought up at the 6 month appointment.  I am looking into following a method called Baby Lead Weaning.  




You can check out Simmy's  two month HERE, three and four month HERE
Check out our newborn essentials too!


1 comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz