Skincare: Dr. Jart Cicapair


Hi everyone! I'm really excited about today's post because it's one of my favorite aspects of my skin that I like to try to tackle! I have tried a bunch of oils and serums in hopes of improving my skin tone, and I was thrilled when Dr. Jart released a  line specifically for color correcting. I couldn't wait to give it a try!  You can find the line at Sephora, which is where I, of course, saw it first.  



The products are formulated without parabens, sulphates, and phthalates and are meant to help reduce redness, uneven skin tone and acne. I do think of myself as having these issues, so I took a high interest in giving these guys a whirl.


My cheeks and my chin are my trouble areas-with redness and with acne. 


These are the products I purchased.


The serum always goes on first, as it's meant to penetrate beyond the skin's surface.  It has a light green tint to it 

 

and is not oily, but has a liquid-like texture that gets completely absorbed into the skin. 


I used the Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream after the serum because using the two products together are supposed to increase hydration and have the benefits of soothed skin.  


I topped it off by using the Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 because you always want your last product to be the one that contains SPF so it acts as your barrier.  



There aren't directions on how to use all three products together, I just tried what made sense to me.  


When I initially started using these three products, I definitely saw an immediate change in my skintone.  But, it was created superficially by the use of the cream and the color correcting treatment.  I was actually surprised not only by the look, but how despite the heaviness of the products, my makeup went on nicely and lasted all day without flaking or becoming oily. I eventually developed acne that I was able to connect it to these products, so I decided to stop using the cream and the color correcting treatment and continue with just the serum in hopes of a more permanent skin tone change.  

At first, I was just using the serum during the day, but I was told serums are not the same as oils, and even if using an oil for hydration at night, a serum should still be applied first, as it penetrates beyond the skin's surface.  I finished the entire bottle of the Tiger Grass Re.Pair Serum, using it both morning and night, along with the rest of my routine, and this was my face afterwards. 


To be honest, I don't even see an uneven skin tone!  But in person, I definitely see red, inflamed, uneven skintone.  When I compare my before and after pictures, I don't really a see a difference!  While this was a nice attempt, and I can't say I'll never return to this product as a potential night serum, I am going to continue the search for my unicorn as I don't think I've found it yet!
 Stay tuned!  



No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz