Brightening oils



I think I might be looking for a unicorn, and if you can tell by the dust on these bottles, you'll know I've been searching for quite some time!  It all started a couple years ago when I went into Sephora during one of my OB/GYN trips. The lady working in the skin section recommended to me a product called  Rescue Oil.  I had never used an oil, but I figured if I had oily skin, of course a product made of oil would surely wreak havoc on my skin.  She assured me everyone who tried it swore by it and I've since learned that oil can be very nourishing and has many benefits. In fact, it's helped my skin tremendously. 


This  Rescue Oil by NUDE quickly became my favorite product.  It was gentle on my skin, as it's all natural.  It helped even out my skin tone, provide total hydration, which also then helped combat breakouts.  It was absorbed quickly and never left any residue on the pillow. And best of all, I didn't have to worry about using it while pregnant or breastfeeding because it was all natural.  According to their website, this is, "an ultra-sheer, skin saving oil that revives and smooths skin texture with powerful antioxidant protection...treatment Rescue Oil is all-natural and vegan."  Unfortunately, they pulled out of Sephora and eventually the United States and I haven't been able to buy it since. Writing on Facebook walls, trying to buy internationally, Amazon, have all left me empty handed.  


This Caudalie set was a Sephora birthday gift last year.  I didn't fall in love with these products, although there are plenty of people that do.  The Vinoperfect is said to be, "a highly concentrated, oil-free serum that improves the appearance of dark spots, promotes even skin tone, and boosts radiance."  Personally, I didn't notice any effects from this product.  I don't have many dark spots since I stay out of the sun, and I didn't feel like my skin tone improved.  I used the serum in conjunction with the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet which is supposed to, "intensely moisturize and calm dehydrated, irritated skin...and be a solution for dryness, dullness and uneven texture, and fine lines and wrinkles."  I did not feel that these products helped combat dryness-I did not feel particularly moisturized, and I didn't notice any improvement in my skin texture, so I can't say that it helped improve my texture, or fine lines and wrinkles. I didn't notice any ill-effects of this product, and it smells heavenly, but I just not see any difference while using these products. 


I also tried this Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil.  I was told it would help shrink the appearance of my pores and help with skin texture.  On Sephora's website, it says, "a powerful brightening oil infused with real rose petals and boosted with super C to increase skin's absorption of vitamin C by up to 1,000 percent...solutions for dullness and uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles, and dryness."  For some time, I noticed an appearance of smaller pores, but by the end of the bottle, I was not convinced it did anything other than maybe give the appearance of smaller pores when I was actually wearing it.  I had actually thrown this almost empty bottle away, but I made my way into Sephora later that day and someone there suggested a new way to use it, so, I went home and dug it out of the trash!  I'll have to report back on that one, but so far I'm loving it.  However, applied as a topical oil, it didn't deliver.  


The last product I tried, was this Good Genes by Sunday Riley.  I was assured this was the next miraculous product I was looking for! It claims to be, "a clarifying, line smoothing  lactic acid treatment...a solution for dullness and uneven texture, dark spots, and fine lines and wrinkles."  First of all, this product has a very strong, unpleasant odor and it can burn upon application.  I did feel that the appearance of my pores was reduced when I used it, but again, I did not feel it delivered in improving my skin tone, and if anything, it was drying.  I will say that because I was in the midst of fertility treatments, I wasn't able to use the product recommended to be used in conjunction with this.  The Luna Sleeping Night Oil is the sister product to this, but it contains an ingredient that is not recommended during pregnancy.  So, this product alone was also not what I was looking for, or, this product overall just did not deliver for me.  

So, there you have it: my reviews on a few hot serums and oil that promise to deliver.  I have yet to find my unicorn...but I'm always trying new products, so stick around as I continue to try them out and review them here!

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz