Monday Munchies...

Since I'm still knee deep in Passover paraphernalia, it's totally appropriate to share one more Passover recipe right? Err...I think this recipe and the mouse recipe take the cake, no pun intended, for the best Passover dessert.  I mean, what could be bad about chocolate?  


For starters, it doesn't have to look this pretty...taste is what matters here folks! 

If you make this non-dairy, in my experience, the butter substitute never completely dissolves into the sugar mixture-it just sits on top. I pour some of the non-incorporated melted margarine off, and the toffee mixture is on the bottom.  But, that sometimes means you won't have enough of the toffee mixture for the matzoh you've prepped, so be prepared to go back and make more of the toffee mixture.  

The salt on top also makes a huge difference. It gives the sweetness the perfect kick to take this toffee to another level.  

I made this dessert for a crowd for the past day of Passover and it was definitely a hit.   

You can find the toffee-chocolate matzoh recipe HERE.

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz