Monday Munchies...

With all my traveling, and #commitment to tradition, I needed to find something new and exciting to bring to Dr. B's staff last week. 
Well, truth is, while I'm not currently sticking to any diet other than the see food eat food diet, I made what I was craving. 
Cheesecake.  
The only problem with cheesecake, is that I have a serious phobia of my springform pan. I can never figure out how to close it properly, it drips out all over my oven, and that is just bad news bears.  
But, for those of you that either share my fears, or are just intimidated by cheesecake, mini cheesecakes, specifically these oreo mini cheesecakes that are made in a muffin tin, are your answer! 
These were to die for, and as it is, super easy, but there's a dupe that makes it even easier if you're in a rush and just want to impress.



Crust:
1 1/2 cups crushed oreos made into crumbs 
4 tablespoons melted butter 

I placed about half a package of regular Oreos in a gallon zip lock bag and crushed with my hands. It was tedious and my crumbs were definitely not terribly crumb like, but it was easy.  In addition to a phobia of my springform, I also have a phobia of my food processor.  It would definitely be better to do this in a food processor, but if you're short on time, or don't have one, or just don't want to schlep it out, crushing by hand will do just fine! 

Melt the butter and combine with the crumbs and mix until combined. If you use a food processor your crumb and butter mixture will resemble coarse sand.  Then press 2 tablespoons into your lined cupcake tin.  I found that with larger crumbs, you don't need as much.  The original recipe calls for pressing the crumbs down with a 1/3 measuring cup, but mine is not round so I ended up just using my hands. 

Bake the crust for five minutes and allow to cool before filling.

Dupe: If you're pressed for time, or just a quick crowd pleaser, you can drop one Oreo in each muffin slot instead of making and baking a crust. I tried out both ways, and prefer taking the time to make a crust because it becomes crispier, has a richer taste because of the butter, but it also doesn't separate from the cheesecake when you bite into it!

Cheesecake filling:
16 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar 
1 teaspoon vanilla 
2 eggs (add one at a time)
1/4 cup oreo crumbs plus some additional larger crushed oreos

Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese for 2-3 minutes, then add the sugar and vanilla until smooth.  Beat the eggs in one at a time.  Turn off the mixer and add in the Oreo crumbs and larger pieces are Oreo and mix by hand until incorporated. 

Place 2-2.5 tablespoons of batter into each "cupcake" slot and add Oreo crumbs and a few large pieces of crushed Oreo if you please.  Bake for 15-17 minutes or until you notice edges start to brown and middle appears to be more solidified.  

I was pressed for time and took a risk by putting the cheesecakes straight into the fridge for a few overs (what was my overnight) and they were just fine!  The original recipe calls for cooling to room temperature before chilling, and then once refrigerated, cover loosely.  Like I said, I put mine straight into the fridge, but I did lay a piece of foil on top.  

These were such a huge hit! 
If you want to show off your skills, this is definitely the recipe to try! 
I'd also think this could be modified for any cookie desired-nutter butter, a mint oreo, maybe a chocolate chip cookie!!!  

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz