A cervix and a magnet

Walk into a bar...
I kid, I kid-this isn't a joke, rather the story of my day at my monitoring appointment. 

I made it into the doctor just around 9:30. It doesn't seem to matter when I leave, traffic and pit stops always inevitably have me arriving then.  A tad too late in my opinion, but all was well that day.

I mentioned I was going to be trying this experimental (to the reproductive endocrinology field) drug called neupogen.  I was initially told it wasn't covered by my insurance and it would be around $720 for two vials, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that with a $45 co-pay, it was covered! #winning 
My doctor thinks that's a good sign, I just think it means I have more money for the next cycle. #alwaysapessimist 

Anyway, the way it works is just like an intrauterine insemination (IUI) a speculum + a catheter allows, what should be, easy access to through the cervix into the uterus.  The medicine can then injected into the uterus.  Sounds simple...in classic Aaryn style, it wasn't.  It took quite a bit of adjusting the speculum to even attempt the catheter, and after a few apologies, some sweating and some awkward comments-it was over.  Besides the pain of the speculum troubles, it was fine.  Although I've been kind of crampy off and on since.
But that's now where the fun ends...
Just as we were about done, my doctor cries out, "oh shit!"
The nurses response was, "don't SAY that!"
Umm, everything ok down there?
Sorry, I just accidentally nicked your cervix and I'm applying pressure.
COOL.

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw on my instastory I posted about a souvenir I came home with.  

 Displaying IMG_4513.JPG 
Can you guess what it is?

The story is this was given to my doctor by a pharmaceutical company, and it has been sitting on his desk since last year.  Maybe he decided to do some spring  winter cleaning, and after we laughed about this, I got to bring it home with me, "for your kids." It is a magnet after all.  

Of course I had to ask my kids what they thought it was 

 
 
 

And the answer is: a sperm with a yarmulke and a menorah.

Funny Pictures Of The Day – 36 Pics:
Perfection....

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz