Monday Munchies...

Or should I say Tuesday Treats?!? 
Anyway, I wanted to share some Passover recipes-a couple are my go-to, other are just some to keep in mind, because, we all like options, even for our food, not just our lipsticks! 

Lipstick overload! #ilovemyjob #ilovemakeup #lavitaebella **If you are into Beauty, fashion, makeup head on over and like Ashlee Miller Artistry on Facebook.:  
See Mom, I told ya' 

Anyway, I'll start by sharing a recipe that's tried and true, and honestly, looked forward to each year.  My guests this year even commented on how great it was! It's from Passover by Design by Susie Fishbein. Aside from the traditional family cookbooks, it's the only cookbook I have for Passover. 



Cranberry Pineapple Ball
Cranberry Base: 
4 cups matzoh farfel 
1/3 cup sugar 
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 16 oz can of whole berry cranberry sauce 
2/3 vegetable oil 
1/4 cup orange juice

Pineapple Topping:
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup sugar 
1/2 cup vegetable oil 
1/4 cup potato starch 
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple 

Use a strainer to wet the farfel. Then, add all the base ingredients into a mixing box and combine. 



 Once all the ingredients are incorporated, press it into the spring form pan that has been heavily sprayed.



  I always have an issue with this pan, and I always have leakage out the bottom.  I highly recommend either experimenting with a 9x13 pan, or placing a cookie sheet or foil underneath when you put it into the oven.  

For the pineapple topping, whisk the eggs and sugar, then add the potato starch and pineapple.  Once the ingredients are combined, pour it on top of the base.  



Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.  I always find that I need to let this cook for well over an hour.  I like to keep it cooking until my edges begin to brown.  

The next recipe I'm sharing is the perfect Passover recipe.  I can't find this recipe on any previous Monday Munchies, which is hard to believe...so you won't have to wait any longer!

Soo easy. And delicious! It was so light and fluffy. Will be making this again! CS:

Tali's Chocolate Mousse 
4 eggs, separated 
1 cup chocolate chips 

Can you believe that's it! I love that the ingredients are simple, yet produce an amazing mousse, cutting down on unnecessary caloric ingredients.  

Separate the eggs-whip the whites until they look very stiff and whipped.  I wish I had taken a picture but when it looks like whipped cream, then it's whipped enough.  The amount of whipping will determine the texture of the mousse.  I definitely over-whipped this time and the texture came out very thick, making it much more substantial.  

While you're whipping whip it real good...melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.  I microwave in a disposable bowl to reduce clean up, but make sure to microwave in 30 second increments.  When melting chocolate chips in the microwave, the chips don't have to be entirely melted-the heat will continue to melt the chips once you're mixing, and some chocolate chunks in the mousse never hurt anyone, in fact-I think it makes it better.  Actually, I might want to incorporate some chocolate chunks into the fully mixed mousse as a last step.  

Set aside the chips to cool, and let the egg whites continue to whip.  Once the chips are cool, add in the yolks.  The chips need to be cool enough that they won't cook the eggs.  

Once the chips and eggs are mixed, add it back into the egg whites and mix again.  The egg whites will reduce in size. Refrigerate and serve as you please. I bought little dessert cups with little spoons and garnished with whipped cream and raspberries.  You could also eat out of the container too...I may or may not be guilty of that!  

I so wish I had my own picture of this! 


I want to share one more recipe that might be worthwhile, although I haven't used it yet.  


Vegan Matzoh Balls 
1 large Yukon gold potato 
1/2 cup matzoh meal
2 tablespoons potato starch 
2 teaspoons onion powder 
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt 
pinch of ground black pepper 
1-2 teaspoons chopped dill or parsley 
2 tablespoons vegetable oil 
2 tablespoons club soda (seltzer) or water 

Boil the potato and cook for 25 minutes or until tender.  Drain the water and cool for 10 minutes, remove the skin.  Use a potato ricer (which is like a large garlic press) to create large potato stands.  Add in the matzoh meal, potato starch, onion powder, salt, pepper and dill, then oil and club soda/water.  Mix until combined and add in more matzoh meal if the mixture seems too wet.  Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, but not longer than an hour.  

Bring a large pot of water to a boil.  Then, use the mixture to create the matzoh balls-it should make 12-14 balls that are 1 inch in diameter.  Drop of the matzoh balls into the boiling water, but place no more than 8 matzoh balls into the pot at a time.  Cover the maztoh balls and let them cook for 15-20 minutes-until they're floating and tender.  Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. 

I hope your Passover eats have been scrumptious! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz