Monday Munchies...

Today's recipe is a quick, easy, and healthy side dish.  This side dish was made for my family as part of the provided community meals during the week of shiva.  When it came out to the table, I'm pretty sure almost every person ooohed and aaahhed in excitement.  Who knew something so basic and simple could be so exciting! It was so exciting, that I even passed up on letting my friend make a side so I could make this the following week.


Sauteed Vegetables 
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Red Pepper
Mushrooms 
Snow Peas 

Heat olive oil in a large enough skillet. Add in the vegetables and toss so their coated in olive oil, then add the salt and pepper.  Cook for about 5-10 minutes, it all depends on your preference of how crunchy you like your vegetables.  You could also add any flavor of seasoning, I just happened to prefer to keep this one simple. 

You can change this up to include any vegetable you want so it can be altered to fit any family during any season or sale.

It's funny how something so simple can be so exciting! This is such an easy, quick and healthy way to get those veggies in.  I'm sure this isn't a new recipe to anyone reading this, and I didn't think it would be, but I just wanted to remind you that sometimes, it's the tried and true recipes that always end up back in the rotation.  

I wish I had taken a picture, but alas, it was all finished!


This is pretty much the advise that I was given every chance that she had to give it to me.  :D:

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz