Monday Munchies...

A couple weeks ago my friend let me in on a new recipe, "the easiest ziti..." 
How card can ziti be in all truthfulness?  But, the one I use is a little annoying-measuring out sauce and ricotta, half here, half there-it creates a lot of dirty dishes, and for those of you that have been reading for some time now, know that I hate extra dishes!  I'm sure many of you can relate to a busy work week, where dinner seems like an impossible task.  Personally, not only do we struggle with kid-friendly food, we also struggle with managing time to prepare, cook, eat and still have time left over for homework and relaxing.  That's why this ziti is a lifesaver.  And you know why I don't have a picture? Because I made it for our Chanuka party last week, and it was devoured before I could get in there! I didn't even get to taste it-so I guess we both have to take everyone else's word for how amazing this was!  

1-minute Ziti, or The Easiest Ziti Ever
1 box ziti or penne rigate (that's the thin almost like ziti noodles)
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce 
milk
water
shredded mozzarella  

Pour the box of pasta into a 9x13 pan/tray.  
Pour in the jar of sauce. 
Use the now empty jar and fill it 1/2-3/4 with milk of your choice (I used whole milk) 
Fill the rest of the jar with water, dump it into the pan with the pasta-it will now look like pasta floating with milky liquid.  Use a spoon to fully incorporate the sauce and milk, top with shredded mozzarella.

There are a few ways to bake this.  The standard is 350, covered-for awhile.  I prefer to bake my cheese products uncovered that way they get a nice brown to it.  I also upped the temperature to 375 when I was in a rush.  

All in all, you can't really mess this up, and this will definitely be a crowd or littles pleaser any time you make this! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz