How We Celebrated

Since it's the week before New Year's, I think I can still get away with talking about Christmas, right?!? 

I grew up in an area where not only were the neighborhoods were filled with Christmas lights, but a couple local establishments did Holiday themed exhibits, like the zoo, and a local drive through holiday show.  I have fond memories of driving around with my family and my mom, "ooohing" and "ahhhing" at all the pretty lights. That was tradition by the way, you must ooooh and aaaah at the lights.  So, I figured I'd take my kids out in search of some awesome Christmas lights.  

I packed bags of treats and packed each little a bag of popcorn, and we headed on our way.  I was hoping to find some popular neighborhoods that were mostly decked out, but that didn't happen.  Instead, a quick research on the web told me there were about 5 well known houses in Westchester County that went all out. All in all, our driving tour took about two hours.  There was no complaining, no crying, only excitement!  

Check out some of these awesomely decked out houses! Now if only I had known to bring coats...next time...

This is the first house we visited.  This was exhibit was pretty amazing and set the bar really high for the rest of the houses.  




Then we headed out to a house that had several houses coordinated with musical accompaniment that you could listen to from your car.  



Then we headed out to another house where little Christmas themed houses were on display.
This was my favorite house.  







Then, later that week I was watching a local news station that mentioned Christmas lights in Dyker Heights Brooklyn, where people spend upwards of $20,000 per house! This is what I'm talking about! 











There were plenty of places for pictures



And of course, light sabers were a must.  I had heard before they were selling things, and would you believe that it was warm enough for the Mister Softee (ice cream) truck to be out?!?



And we even saw Santa on a horse drawn sleigh

It took us awhile to find parking, but my brother finally found us a spot and held it for us

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season!

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz