Monday Munchies: Squash Soup

With the days getting chillier, a hot pot of soup is on frequent dinner rotation.  
Besides, what could be easier than throwing a couple ingredients in a pot, boiling, and then blending?!?

Fresh, homemade soups are awesome, but this recipe is even awesomer (I know that's not a word) because the prep is minimal. 

This recipe was passed along to me by a friend upon my request.  So all thanks goes to her!

Butternut Squash Soup
2 pre-packaged and cut butternut squash
2 onions
2 shallots 
Cinnamon 

Saute onions and shallots until they become translucent.  Once the edges begin browning, turn off the heat.

Combine shallots, onions, squash, and cinnamon into a large soup pot.  Fill with water until the squash is covered.
Boil.
For awhile.  
Realistically, until the squash is soft, but I turned my flame off when I noticed water had evaporated.  
Blend with a hand blender. 

If the texture is too thick, just add some water.  

This is a real crowd pleaser and the hint of cinnamon adds the perfect amount of sweet. 


No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz