Monday Munchies...

With the onset of summer, you will love this summer version of a common comfort food.  I made this recently for a Shabbos lunch, and it was perfect! It was light, tasty, and best of all-didn't require it to be piping hot.  Of course, it looked so yummy right out of the pot, but it got rave reviews at room temperature the next day (after having been refrigerated the night before of course).  


  •  I'm going to wimp out on you now and just tell you to follow that link. 
  • My pointers for this recipe:
  • 1) chop/prepare all ingredients before hand.  Having things on the flame/time sensitive makes it difficult to manage while also preparing the next step.
  • 2) my mini food processor did not accomplish chopping the pesto. I would use a knife next time and do it by hand.
  • 3) This definitely creates a sauce when hot, once it cools it does not have a sauce.
  • 4) I would even consider adding more ricotta to get more of a flavor.
  • 5) Be more on the generous side with the salt.

  • Enjoy! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz