3rd Ultrasound...

I'm sorry this post is so long overdue; the commute really tires me out, and because I miss an entire day of life, I often times don't have time to update the blog here as quickly as I'd like.  However, I do update Facebook and Instagram after each appointment, follow along there!  

For some reason I was much more nervous going into this ultrasound.  I would think the second ultrasound would be much more nerve wracking, but considering I had two really good ultrasounds-statistically, things were going to be good.  When Dr. B walked in, he congratulated me on this being my last ultrasound with him before releasing me to the OB, so of course, I muttered under my breath as I was leaning back, if it's alive.  And almost, without missing a beat, he responded with
Oh it's very much alive! 


Supposedly it was jumping, so much Dr. B and the tech gasped! But, as soon as he turned the screen to me-it stopped moving...

At the first ultrasound I measured four days behind, and then two weeks later I measured three days behind.  I was expecting to measure 10 weeks 3 days, but instead I actually measured 11 weeks! Tomorrow I go back to Dr. B for blood, and then at 11:45 I have my first OB appointment where I'm sure we'll nail down a proper measurement and a due date!  
If it's still alive...
Of course I know, having only been five days, it's most likely alive and well in there. In fact, I have started to feel it move-I thought I was crazy, but I knew for sure what it wasn't. And then when Dr. B saw all the movement, he confirmed I should definitely be feeling it! So I don't feel so crazy.  It's usually reassuring, but then at the same time the movements are so subtle now that I start thinking that I'm probably just making it up-which then makes me nervous because how do I know if I've felt it or not?
One thing's for sure, I'll definitely know more tomorrow!


No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz