October: Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness

Image result for october infant loss

I've been a statistic for awhile...I am that 1 in 6.  
But 16 months ago, I became the 1 in 4; miscarriage..
I should see something more...
Two of them, back to back.     

Being a fertility patient for so long, with no history of loss, a miscarriage was the furthest thing from my mind.  After all, I was young and healthy.  Embryos from a 21 year old don't result in a miscarriage, and certainly not twice!  But the truth is, miscarriages don't discriminate, and even at 21, it was still considered normal.  

That day, I wasn't caught completely off guard; I had a sneaking suspicion.  And when it was confirmed a week later...I'm so thankful for the friends that rallied next to me.    

If you're the 1 in 4, you're not alone.  
If you're the 1 in 4, and you feel robbed of not only what could have been, but all the beauty that then comes your way...you're not alone.  
If you're the 1 in 4 and you question your body's capability...you're not alone.  

Even being more than halfway through a healthy pregnancy, I still attach an 'if' to it's presence, not a when.  
I still have moments when I panic. 
People are still afraid to openly talk about my pregnancy to me.  
1 in 4.  

If you're the 1 in 4, I want to tell you something: one day, you'll get to the other side.  You might feel unstable, and insecure, and nervous, and paranoid...but the other side awaits you, one day at a time.  One day, you'll feel the weight lifted...
One day, you'll think about it a minute less...
One day, you'll smile just a little more...
One day, you'll laugh a little louder...
One day, you'll feel peace...
One day, you'll see the beauty...the rose among the thorns...

Image result for you don't spell it you feel it

Check out my profile on The Layers Project where I talk about pregnancy after miscarriage.

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz