The first lights of Chanukah

Chanukah is more than half way over.
As fun as it was to have Thanksgivikah, it was a mighty few stressful days.  
A lot of family functions, and my personal desire to make things awesome-sauce.  
This is a quote from my husband when I sent him a picture of the table setting for my Thanksgivikah lunch on Saturday afternoon.


"Oy vey, you're crazy."
Candy turkey tutorial can be found HERE
Unfortunately the site where I found this free printable is down right now...

The main idea this Chanukah was to have the kids create their own menorahs that they could use to light the candles with. 



I also created a felt menorah that we would add the nightly candle to. 


Although we weren't able to get a daily Chanukah project in on Friday, Saturday or Sunday because of family obligations, we were able to complete one on Wednesday night, the first night, and one on Thursday while my husband was home for Thanksgiving.  

We celebrated our first night by making candy dreidles! 
They were so much fun, so simple and brought the kids, and parents, so much joy!

 Yummy and Easy Chanukah Idea for the kids 
Via

This was super simple, intuitive, and easy.
All you need are pretzel sticks, marshmallows, Hershey kisses, frosting, and maybe some sprinkles.  
Just stick the pretzel in the marshmallow, and "glue" the Hershey kiss on with frosting.
Voila!  Excellent and delicious crowd pleaser.  

I found this last year on sale and never got around to making it.  I eventually threw it out once we discovered our garage was moldy-I didn't think that would work out too well. 
I re-purchased from Amazon Prime this year.
Here's what it looks like on the box


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A3X01BC/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 
All of our cookies and "figures" came broken, but it's the thought that counts right?!?


As you can tell, Dovy sure did enjoy the icing! 


When it comes to gift giving, I enjoy finding meaningful and cute gifts that are also practical. 
Such as these cute slippers

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AETVUC4/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BUOVXKG/ref=oh_details_o05_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


Or how about this Bella Tunno chalk mats!!!
We have a lot of trips planned throughout the end of this year and the upcoming year and I know these will come in very handy!


 So far I think we've all been enjoying the holiday and getting into the Chanukah spirit. 
But I'll be sure to get a head start on next year's Chanukah decorations a lot earlier! 

Be sure to come back tomorrow for some classic Chanukah recipes for Monday Munchies!




1 comment

  1. Happy Hanukkah. It looks like you are being really creative. I love that the kids have their own menorahs.

    ReplyDelete

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz