Monday Munchies...

I'm so excited to finally share this with you! It's not a recipe per say, but it is something that you put together in the kitchen.  This is something that's long been an internet baking sensation: cake push-pops.  I fondly remember the orange Flintstones's push-pops, but think cake, not ice cream.  I had been intrigued by them for awhile, and knew a party I threw back in October (I know, it's been a while) was the perfect time to attempt these. 

So, here's what I have to say about these cake push-pops.  You need to find the specialty products: the containers, and a stand are helpful-but I had to order from Amazon, so this isn't something you can easily make spontaneously.  However, the ingredients are easy, and so are the steps, but assembling them is somewhat time consuming, but not challenging.  So, I'd say this is definitely an easy way to wow your company, as well as a good treat to make for a beginner.



Materials:
Push-pop containers
Push-pop stand
Cake
Frosting
Sprinkles

I bought these push-pop containers and this push-pop stand.  I used white cake mix-baking one mix into two 9x13 trays so the cake itself baked into a thin layer-because you want room to be able to layer the cake and frosting.



I used a cookie cutter similarly sized to the width of the container-I found that using a bigger size as opposed to a smaller size helps the layers be snug so when the push pops get moved around, the layers stay in place inside the container.  Otherwise, the layers will move slightly and the frosting smears inside and it doesn't look as crisp and clean.



 I used white pre-made frosting topped, 


and topped the cake with pastel colored sprinkles.



All you do is alternate layers of cake, frosting and sprinkles


until the container is filled, but ending with frosting and sprinkles, because that's obviously the best part!



What's great about these is that they can be customized for any holiday or occasion.  How about a red white and blue one for July 4th? Or that color scheme for a birthday party? I think I might whip these up for my next party!

 

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz