Bumpdate: Third Trimester

Yes...you read that right! For those of you who don't follow me on Instagram, you've been in the dark for awhile! 20 weeks approximately! I can't believe it took me so long to come back to this place to document this exciting, shocking and such welcomed journey! After five transfers of seven embryos with two miscarriages, I was shocked when this is what I saw early January of this year...



I will share more of the story in another post, but presently, I'm 27 weeks today! Hello third trimester.  I am feeling every bit of it-but we're so thankful.  And to be honest, it hasn't really sunk in that I'm even pregnant, let alone that in a handful of weeks we'll G-d willing have a new squishy bundle of joy to love on.  What a twist to our story...




Total Weight Gain: At my 25 week appointment, I was up 20 lbs.  This puts me right around where I was with Simmy weight gain wise, but I had about 5lbs left to lose from her, so this puts me at a heavier weight. 

Maternity Clothes: I had to buy a lot of new maternity items with Simmy, but many of them are for the wrong season.  So, I've bought a few skirts and dresses and simple tops-I'm trying to be very mindful of what I buy knowing it's very temporary.  Plus, it'll be cooler soon after I G-d willing give birth that it's not really an investment to buy lots of clothes for the warmer temperatures. 

Sleep:  Definitely in need of pillows with proper placement. I've been in PT for my hip for awhile now, and as the pregnancy progresses, it definitely has become harder to move in general, but sleeping on my side is difficult with my hip. 

Best moment this month: Reaching the third trimester, having a normal growth and brain scan.

Movement:  Lots of movement, lots! Thank goodness!  I had one morning over the weekend where the baby didn't move right away and I panicked, but within a minute of intense jiggling, I got lots of good movements. 

Exercise: Does PT count? In all seriousness, I was exercising, but then my hip trouble began and I was told I couldn't walk, definitely couldn't run, I could try weight lifting, spinning-but that hurt my hip after last class, and now I feel too big and uncomfortable to begin really doing any exercise. I would love to walk, but I was told that's the worst exercise I could do!

Gender: No idea,  I think boy, but I want a girl this time-which is so weird because I really wanted a boy with Simmy, and you would think since she's a girl I'd want a boy. 

Labor Signs:  So, no labor signs, thank goodness!

Belly Button in or out: Half  in half out

What  I miss:  nothing really...but I will enjoy not having all the aches and pains

What I'm looking forward to: Our summer begins in less than 3 weeks!  We have a month of traveling planned, some of which will require out of town monitoring, so that will be an adventure!

It's quite strange to me that I'm doing my first bumpdate at 27 weeks-how did I let so much time go by before-forget coming back here!  I haven't done one single thing to document this pregnancy! Poor baby #5...it must be true...lack of pictures, lack of mementos, too busy to maintain those traditions made with it's other siblings. But, not lacking in the love department.  

My OB experience this time around has been decent.  The system here doesn't allow for easy communication. The most efficient way to communicate is through the on-line portal system where you can exchange direct messages with the doctor, otherwise you call through a call center-not even directly to her office, where she gives a message to a nurse who calls you back.  It's very hard to speak to the doctor directly on the phone, so I've resorted to on-line communication, even though I think that has it's downfalls too.  

I was told at the beginning of the pregnancy that it was likely I'd develop cholestasis like I did with Simmy, and between my 20 and 25 week appointment, I started developing the classic signs of itching: on the palms of soles and hands.  I requested a blood test, even though the itching seemed relatively miner, and of course-elevated bile acid levels. So, I'm looking at non stress tests beginning at 32 weeks, weekly until a 37 weeks delivery.  They told me the baby is big, so maybe an early delivery won't be a bad thing!



For comparison, you can check out Simmy's bumpdate HERE & HERE

1 comment

  1. Thanks for posting again!! I miss reading about what is happening. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz