Monday Munchies...Memorial Day Edition

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I'm really so glad I was able to find this space again.  Not literally of course, this place was never lost-rather I've thought about it daily, wondering when I would be able to make my way back here. Figuratively, it's been quite challenging to find my way back here. But I hope I can create a space for myself here again.  So, without further ado, we'll jump back into a Monday Munchies-because, it is Monday after all, and not just any Monday, Memorial Day Monday! 

I started hosting monthly Shabbos (Sabbath) gatherings here, and needing to find light non-dairy dinner options has been kind of challenging.  Pasta is an easy go-to, but not one to serve the same pasta each time, I've had to do some digging.  With summer approaching (then) I remembered the perfect pasta recipe I used to beg my mom to buy from the deli, and eventually make.  I just love this recipe because it doesn't contain any mayonnaise, it's perfect to make ahead, is best served cold-and never requires heating, and the veggies get better as the week progresses.  I also love that the dressing isn't one that needs to be made-it's all pre-made ingredients.



Pasta Salad
1 box of tri-color spiral pasta
2 cups of cherry tomatoes
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 a yellow pepper,chopped
1 (2.25 oz) can of sliced black olives

Dressing:
1 (16 oz) container of Italian dressing
6 T salad dressing mix



Boil the pasta according to directions on the box-a little firmer is better.  Mix with the cut vegetable sand add in the salad dressing. 

I prefer to serve this salad cold, so make ahead of time so it's chilled. 

I mistakenly left out the green pepper, I have fond memories of my pasta salad including fresh broccoli, and green olives and artichoke hearts would also be a welcomed addition, as well as removal of any vegetables not to your liking!  I also did not use the entire 16oz of dressing-maybe 1/2-3/4, but I did use all of the salad dressing mix, and it was perfect!



Enjoy, and happy Memorial Day weekend.  I hope this is the beginning of a safe, enjoyable, restful and insightful summer for all! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz