Monday Munchies

Hello everybody!  It has been a hot second since I've been on this old blog of mine! I can't believe we're well into October-where has time gone?  I spent the summer with friends that are like family, and then it was full stream ahead with the beginning of the school year, all the Jewish holidays, and then my Safety Day event last weekend! Whew!!! This somewhat quiet time has been highly anticipated for quite some time.  I do enjoy being busy, but that feeling of inadequacy, or lack of house upkeep-and blog upkeep for that matter, had me longing for a little bit less of a schedule! 

So, I have made my way back here!  With the Jewish new year and the new school year almost coinciding, it almost feels as if making a new years resolution would be appropriate.  Last year at this time I was deep in a move, heavily pregnant, and struggling to hang on.  This year, I feel much more settled, I'm learning how to deal with the unexpected, I'm beginning to fill my calendar with work I enjoy, and I'm looking forward to re-committing to the things that make me happy, and I can't wait to share that with you!

Anyway, let's get back to this week's recipe.   Cooking has been a struggle-with the business of what life was, and is, five crazy schedules to juggle-we have been resorting to a lot of frozen, "fast" food.  I am so ready to be done with that!  On a recent trip to Costco, I found they had frozen Tilapia loins-which I had never seen before, so I picked up a bag, and when I needed a dinner that wasn't pizza, I pulled it out.  All of my cookbooks are still packed away, so I gave Pinterest a quick search.  

This recipe is so easy, and was definitely a crowd pleaser-even my kids indulged!  What I love about buying fish is that you can find it ready to go-literally all you have to do is place it in the pan, and prepare your sauce, or season the fish.  So, I placed the butter in the small pot, turned the burner on low and while I was opening all the individual pouches of tilapia, the butter was melting.  Then, I used the pre-crushed garlic you buy in a container, so all I had to do was mix in the remaining ingredients, add salt and pepper to the fish, and viola-done. I will add that a good quality zester, like this one, definitely makes it easier and for me, I find joy in a quality zester to be honest.  

Then, just let it bake!  



I also made pasta and tossed it with some olive oil and spices-I figured this would make sure the kiddos were appeased and could eat enough to really be full, and the adults could manage to consume a reasonable amount of carbs. 

I will definitely be making this again!

1 comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz