Snow Days

We've had a couple snow days recently and I am still alive to tell about it!
It involved coffee, lounging around in my pajamas all day, and chaos-lots of chaos.  
Actually, I accomplished a lot of organizing on those days off.  

Whenever I find out I'll have a large amount of time at home with the kids, I always think of the "at-home" projects I could do with the kiddos.  
We already know they love baking!  
Tonight, they helped me make challah, over the weekend it was the doughnuts-which they've already requested I make again. 
But Moshe has really gotten into crafting, coloring and drawing.  He's pretty good if I do say so myself.  He's also pretty creative-we've had the spaceship going to the moon, an airplane, and of course poop, lots of poop drawings.  

A seasonal activity we've done a lot of is making paper snowflakes.  I even offered to help Moshe bling them out with glitter, but he decided he didn't like my gold glitter.
I'm sure he would love these snowflake ideas-I wish I had looked them up sooner, I would have avoided many meltdowns about how to make snowflakes.

  I don't know why I find this so interesting. :P how to cut paper snow flakes. 

My kids also really enjoyed using these Crayola window markers. 
They loved sitting at the front window, drawing while watching the snow fall. I love that this utilizes a unique and usually off-limits area and makes it kid friendly.  This activity bought me lots of quiet time! 

There's always something new to try. 
 Here are some kid-friendly at-home activities currently on my list

These look so fun...
{Guest Post}  Twelve Sensory Play Recipes by Blog Me Mom for Fun at Home with Kids
This sand always intrigues me when I see it in stores, I'll admit I'm a little afraid to have sand in my house, but on a snow day-you know what they say: desperate times call for desperate measures!
Homemade kinetic sand- Squishy, mold-able, & lots of fun!  Why waste your money on the store bought stuff when you can easily make this recipe at home!

My kids could spend hours in the tub/shower-how cool is this glow in the dark bath?!?
http://www.funathomewithkids.com/2013/08/safe-and-edible-glow-water-for-baths.html

There are plenty of DIY recipes for playdough, or wacky science experiments to do at home.  All of these are guaranteed to ease the snow day gloom!  I had better stock up on supplies as Winter Storm Marshal is heading our way!!! 

Stay warm everyone!

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz