Monday Munchies...

I'm a snacker, or nosher as we like to say in Yiddish.  
Back when I was in college and for the first time ever, tried to stick to a calorie restricted diet, all I did was eat prepackaged goodness.  
I've obviously since learned that just won't cut it.  
But I'm still drawn to them.
They're tasty and convenient, but usually not too healthy.  

Finding snacks that are easy to take on the go, that are suitable for little kids is a challenge.
 I recently went through our snack drawer and separated the treats from the snacks.  Which now means there's much less to grab. 
I still swear by THESE applesauces, and have recently gotten the kids into saltines and rice cakes.  
But I've always loved trail mix.
When I was younger and went to Hebrew School, my favorite Sunday snack was the trail mix.  
It's customizable to your children's liking, and can be as healthy (or not) as you prefer.  
Think mini marshmallows or mini chocolate chips-how about both!

  http://www.plannerperfectmeals.com/2012/04/bunny-graham-trail-mixkid-friendly.html




What do you prefer in your trail mix?

1 comment

  1. SO cute! I made a big trail mix for work a few months ago, have to try that again!

    ReplyDelete

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz