Monday Munchies...

It seems I may have tempted 2014...
My winter trip to the mid-west was extended by five extra days due to snowpocalypse. 
I ended up rescheduling my first attempt to leave Chicago due to bad weather in NY. 
My second attempt was straight up cancelled. 
Third time was a charm-Monday morning I flew out bright and early-as in, leaving the house at 4 am.
However, the lady sitting across from me was utilizing her puke bag the entire flight and considering how I felt Tuesday morning, it was not motion sickness.  
I did not throw up my entire pregnancy in the bathroom at work, however that streak has ended, and no, I'm not pregnant.  
All in all, it was a great trip, but I will not be flying alone with three kids any time soon!  

Today I want to tell you about a family recipe that I've tweaked a little bit.  
I'm a huge fan because it adds a little bit of fancy for minimal work.  
I'm also a huge fan because simplifying the recipe does not compromise taste-in fact it might even taste better!  

Chocolate Mint Brownies 
Brownie layer:
Brownie mix-prepare and bake according to directions.  I prefer my brownies fudgy, so that's what I did.  

*Mint layer:
2 cups powdered sugar 
1/2 cup margarine 
1 T water 
1/2-3/4 t mint extract 
3 drops food coloring

Cream powdered sugar and margarine.  Add in water, mint and food coloring.  You can definitely do some taste testing along the way and add more mint as desired.  The coloring is a little off before adding the green, but it tastes delicious nonetheless.  

*Chocolate layer 
1 cup chocolate chips
6 T margarine 

Melt the chocolate chips and margarine.

Prepare the brownies according to package direction and make sure they are either room temperature or cold before spreading the mint cream on top.  

Pour the melted chocolate on top of the cream, refrigerate.  

*I prepare my brownies in a 9x13 pan.  I double the mint cream and the chocolate topping when preparing in a 9x13.  



  

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz