Final Thoughts...

It's almost 4pm.  My house is quiet, my husband has everyone out on a bike ride.  My ovens are on full blast baking chocolate chip cookies for Shabbos, and borekas for the pre-fast meal.  My furnace replacement is almost complete.  I have put away all the laundry, got my nails done, grocery shopped, hung Safety Day flyers, and am back home to complete the final preparations before heading to the hospital to deliver our fifth baby.  Most likely our final baby.  Final.

It's sunk in over the past few days these fleeting life moments we take for granted, or even if we don't take them for granted, we don't appreciate them.  Tomorrow, life will be outside, not inside; most likely never again inside.  The kicks, the rolls, the stretches, the hiccups.  Final.

19 months ago I never would have thought I'd be here-checking into the hospital to have baby #5. Talk of such things never crossed my lips, unless someone asked, although I desired it deep down.  Baby #5. Final.

Nervous and anxious for the next 12 hours, but definitely excited for newborn snuggles.  Final newborn snuggles. 

Newborn diapers, newborn onesies, swaddles, swings and bassinets.  Final baby gear. 

Maybe it won't be final, but I'm preparing as if it is.  Final baby.

Boy or girl, hair or no hair, light brown or dark brown.  Final reveal.

The day before Simmy was born


The day of this baby...



 Follow along on my instagram for updates on the impending arrival.  

  

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz