36 Week & Final Bumpdate




Total Weight Gain: At my last appointment, I was up 28 lbs.  I had gained five pounds more at this point with Simmy, but I started out five pounds heavier this time.  I really believe in the theory that our bodies need to reach a threshold and no more, no less. I eat what I want, when I want.  

Maternity Clothes: I've managed to stick to the limited maternity wardrobe I bought myself.  I bought a few dresses, utilized my cardigans and bought a few new ones.  

Sleep: Sleep is a thing of the past these days.  My hips had been bothering me throughout this pregnancy, and by the time I came back from my summer travels, I could no longer sleep in my bed!  After a few nights in the guest room, I bought a mattress topper from Costco, but that was too thick and mushy, so I returned it and bought a thinner one from Bed and Bath. Thankfully, that has done the trick, as well as a lot of properly placed pillows!

Best moment this month: Last OB appointment, last non-stress test, final preparations!

Movement:  The baby has started slowing down.  I need to make sure I get a good kick count over the course of one hour each day, which usually when I try isn't a problem.  

Exercise: Also a thing of the past.   I am just in too much pain and generally uncomfortable that I can't even take a walk around the block!

Gender: No idea,  I think boy, but I want a girl this time-which is so weird because I really wanted a boy with Simmy, and you would think since she's a girl I'd want a boy. 

Labor Signs:  Yes!  It took me until my third pregnancy to have Braxton Hick contractions, and and I had those with Simmy, but I never had real contractions before labor.  I have had a few real contractions, a couple times I had to really stop, and take it easy.  

Belly Button in or out: Half  in half out, depends on how full I am. 

What  I miss:  nothing really...but I will enjoy not having all the aches and pains.  I feel so guilty to even complain, but the truth is, this has been a very hard pregnancy.  I'm not sure if it's the fact that this is my fifth, or that I'm 32, or because I deal with a toddler all day, or I'm running around and up and down stairs as oppose to my desk job with casual walking, but I am in a great deal of discomfort all the time.  I'm out of breath, my hips hurt, my legs feel heavy, I can't sleep, I am constantly going to the bathroom, I can't stand, I have horrible heartburn (until I started Nexium!!!) and in general just having a hard time moving!

What I'm looking forward to: All the baby stuff that has been purchased is starting to arrive, and I've started digging clothes and supplies out and cleaning everything-it's making this all very very real. 

Because of my cholestasis diagnosis, I am set to have a 37 week induction, which is this week.  The hospital is quite booked, so I'm not going in when they had initially hoped, and the date is scheduled to change, but this coming week, we will God willing have a new baby!  Follow me on Instagram to hear the news!  

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz