Zucchini Muffins

Hey, Hi, Welcome back!
The remainder of the school year threw me for a loop, so here's hoping I can jump right back into this, as it is only day 2 of summer vacation.  

I went to post yesterday for my Monday Munchies, but the recipe I had been saving all this time on my phone, had somehow been closed...cue major disappointment because it was definitely a keeper.  

Oh well, we can try this one out together.
Edited to add, I believe this is the recipe I used!

 Zucchini Muffins (photo)

3 cups grated zucchini
2/3 cup melted unsalted butter (can substitute 1 cup vegetable oil)
11/3 cup sugar 
2 eggs beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla 
2 teaspoons baking soda 
pinch of salt 
3 cups all purpose flour 
2 teaspoons cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 
1 cup walnuts (optional)
1 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)

I love baking, but I hate dragging out my mixer.  To maximize counter space, I keep it in a corner on the counter on the side without a plug!  So I heart any recipe that can be made with your good old fashioned bowl and whisk.  Obviously I left out the walnuts, and I don't care for dried fruit in my baked goods typically.  Plus, with all the kiddie cavities, we've pretty much eliminated most sticky food items.  You wouldn't typically think that dried fruit is a bad food, but for cavities, dried fruit is terrible!  

Preheat the oven to 350. Mix together the sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Stir in the grated zucchini-here's some important information, sometimes, the zucchini liquid needs to be removed or the batter is too liquidy, other times-it's necessary for making the cake moist.  In this case, keep the liquid-which is another great perk of this recipe.  

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.  Then combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.  If you want to add in walnuts or dried fruit, add it in now.  

I opted to add a crumb topping to mine and it was perfection.  

Line or spray your muffin tins, and bake 25-30 minutes. 

A few of my co-workers had never had the dessert version of zucchini and were pleasantly surprised!  
Try for yourself!

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz