Monday Munchies...Short on Time

I find myself running very short on time these days.  
I love being busy-busy is really when I'm the most happy, but this is a whole new level!
The problem is, I can't realistically figure out a way for us to eat dinner.  I don't keep much "instant" food on hand, and truthfully other than pizza I don't even know what I would buy since most tv dinners aren't kosher.  
I've been so busy some days I literally couldn't even figure out timing that would allow even minimal cooking in the oven. 
That's when I remembered an awesome and super quick dinner my mom served us over the summer.  
Three ingredients, only one requires prep, and it's in the microwave, so you can't beat that!
We'll call it Instant Burritos.  

Instant Burritos 
Instant rice
Tortillas 
Pre-washed lettuce 

The key is, you have to use these lentils. They're pre-cooked and only need heated in the microwave.  What's even better is they sell these at Costco! 

So, all you have to do is cook the rice and the lentils in the microwave, and add them to a tortilla!
Voila!  
Of course, there are plenty of other yummy ingredients you can add to your burrito, but this was what we did, and it was so delicious I don't even have a picture for you!  But it will definitely be a go-to meal when I'm short on time!
I hope you'll try it and report back.

In case burritos aren't your thing, here are some other options:


Another option for quick meals is to utilize the crock pot.  Here are some recipes to try:

Slow Cooker Recipes -- get over 60 ideas for you crock pot all in one place.

Let me know which are your favorites!

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz