Monday Munchies: Pancakes




Hello Hello!  It's nice to be back here, and I'm hoping to stick around for awhile this time!  I've been missing this space.  I don't know about you, but I'm more of a routine/planned out kinda gal, and jumping right in just didn't suit me.  Instead, I needed to wait for the perfect Monday.  So, there's no better Monday than...today!  I have the perfect recipe to jump back into Monday Munchies!

We've all had to recently change our daily routine due to Corona-19.  I think we're all craving comfort, routine, normal.  I was rummaging through my overflowing pantry last week-anyone else stock up so much that now their pantry is so full they don't know what to do with all this food??? I came across a protein pancake mix I had bought more than a year ago.  Truth be told, it expired a few months prior.  Not one to waste food in this pandemic and impending food shortage, I decided to make it for the kids.  Not yourself you're probably wondering-well, that's a story for another blog post about my new eating habits.  Anyway, they gobbled the expired protein mix down, but immediately complained there weren't enough pancakes.  Dovy was so upset that I promised him on Sunday we'd make pancakes again, from scratch. 

I had to stick to my word, but instead of it being breakfast or lunch, because, the day just flies by, we settled on dinner with a salad.  I did a quick search on my favorite recipe database, www.allrecipes.com and came across this pancake recipe.  I read a few of the comments, and reduced the salt a bit and added some vanilla.  I also tripled the recipe just to be sure.  I had around 35-40 (I wasn't able to do an exact count) 3 in. pancakes that were oh so fluffy! Again, I couldn't eat them, but everyone went on and on about how great they were. 

I'm not someone who insists on baking from scratch, and I would have been perfectly fine with a mix, but we didn't have any.  So, from scratch it was!  This recipe was easy, didn't require a mixer or any extraordinary steps.  Prep and cook time were minimal-within 45 minutes, I had a delicious dinner on the table. 

These times are stressful, and comfort is really the name of the game these days. You gotta do what fills our soul, and this pancake recipe will surely do that.  Combine with sitting around the table with loved ones, and you've got it made. 


No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz