Monday Munchies...

My boys have figured out what dessert is.  
It would have been an impossible feat to prevent that-this momma loves dessert! 
If dessert is a healthy option, then there's no mommy guilt here!

I saw this recipe on Molly's blog, Stilletos and Diapers and knew I had to make it!  It looked delicious, and hit on the best combo known to man-chocolate and peanut butter!  

I'll give you full disclosure-this didn't really work out.  The end product is fine, and tastes great, but my blender was just not up for the challenge.  So instead of ending up with a fudge-like consistency, I'd compare my final product to more of a no-bake cookie.  Which I'm totally fine with, and so are my boys!

Peanut Butter "Fudge"
1 cup Oats
1 cup smooth Peanut Butter (I used natural peanut butter without any sugar added)
1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp Milk (I used almond milk)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Honey

Blend all ingredients together in a blender.




Now, at this point I had to abandon ship!!!  Things started to smell funny and my blender was sending smoke signals-literally.  My oats didn't make it to blended status, which is why it has the texture of a no-bake cookie.  But, if all goes well, the mixture should look like this

 photo f09e3cf6-9dbf-4ee9-864d-1f39ac661d0e_zps055387c4.jpg 

Line a pan with wax paper and press the mixture on top.  

  photo f4f639bd-a82d-4bfb-a9cd-65af17b54196_zps418f5e06.jpg 

Determine your pan size based on how thick you want your pieces.  I doubled the recipe-time is of the essence so I figured if I'm making one batch of something awesome, might as well save myself some time and effort and just double it right off the bat.  My mixture went into a 9x13 pan, but it's still too thick-I probably should have done 2 9x13 pans, or maybe one larger one and one smaller one.  

Chill for at least one hour and store in an air tight container.  I am keeping mine in the freezer, but that air tight container-key.  Even after a week, they started to taste freezer burned-granted they weren't covered, but we'll see if good ole Press 'n Seal works it's magic! 

 

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz